zero.

Prologue

{Word Count: 2063}

{Word Count: 2063}

   Tari sat in a chair in front of her window that overlooked the village. Unable to sleep, she hadn't been for weeks, maybe even months. The moon was bright, her kingdom quiet. Almost too quiet, normally their would be crickets but they're were none.

  " Tari." A voice rung from the hall. It was a voice she didn't recognize. " Tari." The voice said again but this time it was closer. She made her way to the door, and grabbed the handle to pull it open. The door creaked causing her to cringe.

  Sticking her head out the door, she found the hall empty. Knitting her brows together she called out, " hello?" Maybe they thought she was asleep and left, she thought. Closing the door and making her way over to her bed to lay down.

"Tari!" The voice yelled, but this time it sounded more familiar. Heading back to the door, she stepped out into the hall and looked both ways. Why did the voice sound so familiar? " Tari!!!"

It hit her like a ton of bricks, it was her mother. She followed the voice. She frantically ran to her mother and fathers chambers. The stone walls seemed to be closing in on her.

She busted through the door, only for the room to morph into her mother, father and brothers standing in the hills of  Dunkelheit. The bright green grass now brown, the flowers were leaned over drained of life.

A figure stood before her family, but they hadn't noticed her. She went to walk forward but the figure turned around with a devilish smirk. It was her? It didn't look like her, her blue eyes now a grayish, she had bags under her eyes, her clothes no longer bright colors but black.

  She looked almost evil.

Her eyes watched as she turned around back towards her family. Her family's mouths were stretched and drawn back, exposing their teeth. Vertical wrinkles appear between their eyebrows.

A loud screech filled the air, she looked up to see her dragon land beside her clone. Again unable to move she watched as her clone said " dracarys." Her dragon lifted its head in the air and let out another screech.

It then turned its head to her family, it's mouth letting out a orange glow before it shot out fire on her family. Her heart clenching in her chest, screaming at her to run forward and help them.

Her family's screams echoing over the hills. She wanted to help but she couldn't move, she tried but it was like going against a current. Impossible.

Her clone stood there with the same smirk on her face. She watched as the skin melted off her brothers face, her mother and father tried to help her brothers. But against dragon fire there was nothing they could do.

   She's never felt more helpless, she could only watch with tears in her eyes. A cry leaves her lips as their bodies fall to the ground and their screams stop, the smell of burning flesh fills the air. Their bodies still burning, but they were gone.