"You guys know each other?" Aang gasped as he pointed between Yan and Iroh, his eyes wide. Yan escorted Iroh inside, shutting the door behind him and turning to the group. Aang and Sokka had a short history with Iroh and Zuko, a history that wasn't pleasant or free of any firebending.

"Yes, we do. It's a very long story; I'm surprised you two know him," she commented as she placed her hands on her hips. Sokka scoffed in disbelief and shook his head.

"We met him at the North Pole. How long have you known him? And if you know him, that means you know Zuko! Why didn't you ever tell us you knew them?" Sokka demanded as he stepped closer. Iroh put a hand on the Water Tribe boy's shoulder to calm him down, showing he meant no harm.

Iroh stepped in front of the group, turning to the teenagers. "Please, let us all calm down. We can explain ourselves later when the situation isn't as dire. Princess Azula is here in Ba Sing Se. She has captured my nephew as well as your friend." he explained. Aang's eyes widened at the news, Yan telling everyone that she was right about the whole situation.

"Then we'll work together to fight Azula and save Katara and Zuko," Aang said determinedly as he crossed his arms, Sokka's jaw dropping in shock.

Iroh, reading the room, sighed heavily. "I know how you must feel about my nephew, but believe me when I tell you there is good inside him."

It was now Yan's turn to scoff in disbelief. "'Good inside him' isn't enough, Iroh. Remember what he said to me? He called me a filthy dirt bender just because I saved him. He's more like a hotheaded asshole to me." she scoffed with crossed arms, shaking her head to deny Iroh's observation of his nephew.

"Katara's in trouble. All of Ba Sing Se is in trouble. We have to do something; working together is our best chance." Aang encouraged the group, Sokka and Yan sighing heavily before nodding reluctantly. The boy grinned and turned back to Iroh for a plan.

"I brought someone along who might be able to help us." the old tea lover smiled mischievously as he brushed past the group to head back outside. The teens followed Iroh to the front porch where a Dai Li informant sat, bound and gagged. Toph immediately trapped him in an earth tent to keep him from moving.

Iroh stepped toward the informant and pulled the gag away from his mouth, thick beads of sweat rolling down the Dai Li agent's scarred face. "Azula and Long Feng are plotting a coup. They're going to overthrow the Earth King," he said quickly, fearing what would happen if he didn't comply. Sokka pointed his sword at the Dai Li, demanding where his sister was being held. "They're holding your sister and his nephew in the Crystal Catacombs of Old Ba Sing Se, deep beneath the palace."

Leaving the Dai Li informant in the rock tent, the group of teenagers plus the old man set off for the Royal Palace. Luckily for them, the petrified informant was telling the truth about Old Ba Sing Se and the Crystal Catacombs, making their search a bit easier. Aang, Iroh, and Yan went together to find Katara and Zuko ― or the 'angry jerk' as Sokka called him ― while Toph and Sokka went off to warn the Earth King about Azula's coup. Aang and Yan used their earthbending to create a deeper tunnel in the earth to reach the catacombs, Iroh lighting the way with a small plume of fire in his palm.

As Aang continued to forge the long path, he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly as he gazed at Iroh. "So... Toph thinks you give pretty good advice and great tea. I met with this guru who was supposed to help me master the Avatar State and control this great power but to do it, I had to let go of someone I love. And I just couldn't do it..." he sighed in despair. Yan held in a small laugh at Aang's confession, lightly teasing him while Iroh gave her a stern look.

"Perfection and power are overrated. I think you are very wise to choose happiness and love." Iroh smiled kindly, stopping a bit behind Yan and Aang as they cleared the path to continue further down.