Shouting in the Library - part 3

Start from the beginning

"I'd like my seat back Katie" Draco told her politely, as he leaned his head down towards hers. "And i don't think it's something we can share easily" he whispered to her

Katie kept looking up at him. She couldn't draw her own eyes away from his, they had her caught in a trance.
"How could we share it?" She asked absentmindedly

Upon her question, Draco pulled away from the chair and gently pulled it out from under the table. He walked round to the front and carefully, but swiftly, picked Katie up bridal style in his arms. Before sitting down in his chair and placing her on his lap.
"Like that" he stated simply before grabbing one of the books from the pile and opening it.
Katie was stunned. She didn't say or do anything for a while, she only stayed there.

Draco continued to look through the book he had selected whilst Pansy began chatting with Theo about a party they wanted to throw. Blaise had managed to finish writing up his work and was now helping Lorenzo and Mattheo with their own. Non of them were surprised by what had happened, it was very normal within their group, displays of oddly romantic affection. Whilst they all were engaged in their own conversation, Katie decided to start her own with Draco.

"Why'd you do this?" Katie asked, her voice barely a whisper

"What do you mean?" Draco mumbled, barely looking up from his book. His fingers were tracing a passage on Guinea fouls, as he read the content beneath.

"Why'd you put me on your lap?" Katie asked him more clearly, her feet were trying to reach the ground yet couldn't as she was seated just above her reach. She finally rested, letting her right hand fall onto his shoulder.

"To demonstrate how we could share the chair, you were the one who asked me how. Plus it's not like we haven't done it before" Draco Shrugged, unfazed by the occurrence.

"But-" Katie wanted to have something to say back, but his answer was suffice. She did ask him how, and in turn he answered her question. Plus before the holidays, this was something she did with the boys.

"You're welcome to get off my lap anytime incase you haven't noticed" Draco muttered as he turned the page of his book. His arm was resting around Katie's back, she was able to move freely off the chair anytime she liked. She couldn't understand why she hadn't already gotten up.
"But likewise, you are welcome to stay where you are" Draco added as he maintained his attention to his book.

"What are you reading?" Katie asked, swiftly changing the conversations and leaning forward to also observe the book

"The Magical Vault of Creatures. Talks about a wide variety, luckily it has a couple pages on the Guinea foul for transfiguration" Draco answered, gesturing to the pictures and paragraphs dedicated to the creatures.

"Still trying to catch up with Hermione?" Katie asked smirking

"Yes." Draco said bitterly. He and Hermione had been battling for top spot in their classes since first year, but no matter what Draco did he always earned second place. This was one thing his family name couldn't help him with.

Katie decided to read the pages he had found with him silently. They stayed like that for over an hour, as their group continued to stay in the library researching their transfiguration work and planning a secret party.

"I say we visit the house elves and see if they can offer us anything" Pansy suggested as she jotted down a list of food and drinks.

"I doubt they'd give anything alcoholic, no way Dumbledore keeps any of that here" Theo told her

"I know someone in Ravenclaw who might know a way to get some Fire Whiskey" Lorenzo told them. Pansy and Katie's bodies both changed. Katie's body went stiff and her breath got caught in her throat, whilst Pansy's hand tensed around her Quill as she looked carefully over at Katie.