He continues modelling the dough for a while, during which none of us says anything. As the tray is in the oven, he turns back to the fridge and takes out some fruit, to make a fruit platter. I start helping him cut them after some time.

It is as we're cutting the strawberries that we can hear footsteps and whispers. We both look up and see Nini, together with Sofia, staring at us as if we were a different species.

"Whatcha doing?" Nini asks skeptical.

"Making breakfast", I answer for Alec and me. It only takes one second til a smile appears on both of their faces. They come closer to us and each one of them goes to her guy. Nini comes to me, and hugs me from behind, planting kisses on my neck and lifting herself up on her toes to whisper stuff in my ear. Stuff like I love you, You're my world, Thank you baby... Stuff that make my heart beat faster again.

I turn around to her and kiss her lips, whispering the same stuff with my lips brushing hers. She's smiling and planning not to let go. I can't help but pull her even closer.

~

"So, what's the plan for the day?" Sofia asks the moment we finished eating. April, Dia and Nessie already went off to classes, since Darrel only excused Nini, Alec, Sofia and me. Which leaves us four a their table; Darrel also with us, chilling in a corner somewhere reading a really creepy manual about how to best make a person suffer, throwing us glances from time to time.

"I was thinking we could go to the gallery, Foxy", Alec says which makes Sofia smile.

"Perfect. This way we could maybe open it at the beginning of next year", she adds. I look confused, yet Nini whispers she'll explain it to me later. Sofia then turns to us and asks: "What will you two be doing? You can come with us if you want, but I'm not sure it's going to be so interesting. We'll be working all day."

Nini quickly shakes her head, clearly not wanting to work all day. I get her. Last night was awful, the best thing for her to do now is to lay down and relax.

"What about a movie marathon?" I ask, which makes Nini smile bright.

"And we get to watch 10 Things I Hate About You?"

"Of course", I reply. Her smile grows even bigger and she leans over the table to give me a kiss.

I wrap my hands around her neck and pull her closer, again whispering I love you while my lips are brushing hers.

As Nini sits back straight on her chair and we stopped our smooch fest, Sofia gives Alec a look that makes him shrug. She just whispers please to which Alec sighs and gives up, nodding at her.

"Caden, what are you doing next weekend?" Sofia asks me, which makes Nini gasp.

"Soph! Are you sure? Isn't it too much?" My girl asks her. I still have zero clue about what is going on. Sofia turns at her bestie and answers:

"No, don't worry about it. If you would like him to come, he is invited."

"Invited where?" I ask confused. Nini nods once to her bestie, her eyes all thankful. Sofia smiles and looks at me, explaining:

"I'll be turning nineteen next weekend. My family is organizing a ball for me back in Cordelia. We're spending the weekend there. We'll be leaving Friday after classes and coming back early on Monday. If you are free and want to come, you are invited. It would be us four, April, Dia and Nessie."

I look at Nini, still surprised about Sofia's offer. Nini looks at me begging to say yes. I go through my schedule next weekend in my mind. It's the weekend with the 3rd and 4th of November. I don't have any games planned or any important events. So, my answer is obviously...