Chapter Sixteen - Running From A Fox

ابدأ من البداية

Speaking of work I need to get ready myself I shut my door and apply the chain lock as well as the dead-bolt. Walking towards my dresser to grab my iPod and speakers. "Uhmm odd I could have sworn I left it here." Looking like a mad woman running up and down I try to hunt it down "There you are!" I said wonder how it go on my desk I don't remember syncing it lately.

I play my shower playlist and hop in halfway into my shower I kept having flashbacks from the Red Dragon festival I place my hands over my face my cheeks felt so hot. " How embarrassing!" I whispered. I let the rush of the water trickle off my shoulders to my small waist and roll of my hips letting the sounds of my nature sounds take over me.

I turn the tap off , push the curtains back , stepped out the shower and walked towards my bedroom mirror "Another day another lie." I turned my face with a disgusted looked place on it and continued to get ready for my shift at the flower shop.

I passed my living room and I felt a ever so soft breeze go down my back with a quick reflex I turned around to see the window open and my tall white curtains floating in the air. "Hana is so forgetful." I mumbled as I such it tight once I heard the click of the lock I headed out.

I passed by the condo buildings doorman "Have a good day Miss.Byran!" with a smile placed on his sweet face he pushed open the door for me "Thank you! are you new?" I asked David wasn't In today he always greets me " Yes in away I am I mostly have the nightshift ,but today I received the day shift." he said he seemed a bit nervous talking to me must be why he always got the graveyard shift. "Uhmm well good-luck on your first day shift." I said back he tipped his hat and waved me goodbye.

I walked up right towards the street and hailed for a cab moments later one rolled right up. "Where to Miss?" he asked me while looking threw the cars rearview mirror. With the flick of my wrist I looked at my watch for the time I have a bit a time maybe I can make a quick stop. "235 West 23rd Street." I said and laid back until I got to my destination. Once I arrived I hand over my cab fare money to the driver "Thank you have a nice day." I bowed towards him and went on my way.

"Oh this must be a big company." the downstairs lobby was so crystal clear , white the walls incased the room there was no needed no colour just the expensive art work to paint the mood within the room. I guess its lunch business women and men alike walking threw like busy bumble bee's at work. I made my way threw the white halls of the busy lobby to board labeling all the companies and projects manners names "D Square Tech Ren Hiroish Floor 23." oh was I guess he's a big deal here.

I proceed towards the large clear glass elevator doors my thoughts were interrupted by a man standing within the elevator. "What floor?" he asked I started at the display filled with buttons and numbers that laid out each floor number I smiled and simply replied "Same as you 23." I held the handles of my purse twisting and turning it.

The man standing next to me chuckled "I remember my first time in this elevator. I almost crapped myself because I looked down. So keep your head up nice and tall." he said even though it was less of the ride in the elevator , but more me making such a bold move trying not to think about the outcome.

I did as he said taking a deep breath in and pulled my head up right away I felt a difference. "Thank you it really helped." I said " No problem ... if you don't mind me asking who are you seeing today?" just a simply question he asked yet it kind of upset me i'm not the one for people to know my business.