INTERVIEW

-

-

'Fake it till you make it' - unknown

-

'Ladies and gentlemen, here is the victor from this years hunger games,' Caesar Flickerman yells out in the crowd. 'You all know her. You all love her. She's our goddess, our warrior. Here is Medusa Raven!' 

The mass of people start to scream and yell, making Medusa feel super uneasy. She nervously wipes her sweaty hand over her skirt and sights deeply. She wants to run a hand though her hair, but she can't. Her hair is pulled up in a classic up-do. Two long fish braids are connected at the back of her head, ending in a tight ponytail.

Finally she finds the courage to walk out. In her long, golden heels, she steps out of her hiding place. The crowd yell even louder as they see her. They point and some old men whistle. The thought makes Medusa gag. 

Medusa was barely wearing anything. Two shells cover her chest area. There're only attached to a small cord and every minute the girl would glance down to see if they were still there. A tight purple skirt covers her legs and reaches her ankles. The skirt has two large holes in it. Right were her hips are supposed to be. She's barely covered and Medusa hated her stylist, Lottie, for that. 

She's impressed by the people. It's seems like the crowd never ends. Everywhere she looks are people. Some are sitting on chairs. Others are dangling from a balcony outside. They all look different yet the same. The capitol's style would never change. Colorful wigs and dresses make the girl see the rainbow. And let's not talk about the people that cover their skin in animal print. 

The girl stiffly lifts her hand. Medusa tries her best to put on a bright smile. She thinks it's working. 

Only this and a victor's tour and she can go see her family again. The thought make her generously smile. Even when she spots her old doctor in the crowd she keeps her head high. 

The girl starts moving again. She still waves and smiles, but reaches Caesar Flickerman soon enough. 

She gladly takes his outstretches hand and tries to cover up her surprise when he kisses the back of it. With a little giggle she flops down in the golden sofa. Her body immediately relaxes. Now that she's not standing upright she can feel her feet again. 

She stretches her toes as the interviewer tries to calm the mass. It isn't really working. 

He speaks into the microphone again. 'Ladies and gentlemen, I know how hard it must be to control your energy and excitement. Really, I can barely keep it in myself. But we will never find answers if you all keep yelling like a set of headless chickens.'