1. Edge of Tomorrow

Everything feels so calm here.

No arguing, or sounds of life. Just peace and quiet.

Others call me crazy if I say that I like sitting at the edge of the world. Thing is, none of them have tried to even come here. They rather stay in the comfort of their homes, keep eachother company.

The moon, or rather it's replacement, shines on the still water. Here and there water splashes against my ship, mainly due to the minor wind caused by the spinning of our disk, or the few fish and sea mammals that are on our planet, are swimming by. But no real waves. There never have been.

My grandfather told me what is was like on Earth I. He was one of the people who got to be saved. He was still young when everything happened. He doesn't really talk about it. Most of it I learned through History class back in secondary school.

But he did talk about Earth I, and how they did a good job recreating it. But only the first generation can tell the differences. They can tell how Earth II feels slightly off. They knew about the effect of the moon on the water, how the moon had phases.

But most importantly, how the Earth was round. Not just a circle, but a full on orb.

A call of a bird catches my attention.

There aren't many birds, although there are definitely more birds then there used to be. But on Earth I, there were far more. Any kind of animal, for that matter. They only managed to get a few on the Arc.

Or maybe, they just didn't bother. Ever since Earth II was introduced, and dumped the first generation here. We never heard of them again. They never checked in on us. Maybe that's why there isn't a barrier here at the edge, either.

They just made it functional enough, so they could dump us all here and call it a day of saving Earth I's population. Just the bare minimum so they would not feel guilty.

The coldness in my heart slowly grows stronger, being pumped through my veins.

People are glad they got saved. Some even worship our saviours.

I don't. I think they should've let us suffer when the moon exploded. They should've left us on Earth I.

But again. I would be called crazy if I told that to others. It's as if I don't fit.

A new splash hits my boat. Still, it's barely noticable on the ship. But because everything is so silent around here, the splash is quite loud.

There is not much space between my boat and the edge. Something around five meters. Just enough for me to turn when I set my sails. Sometimes the tip goes over the edge. Enough so I won't drop, but each time it gives me slight chills.

The saviours surely would not safe me if I did drop, right? They are not watching, after all.

I call in to the void, but of course it does not react back.

Even if I did drop, it is not as if I would be missed. I am nothing more than another animal in this zoo called Earth II.

Slowly, I let my boat fare towards the edge.

For the first time, more than half my boat is over the edge. When just a bit more than halfway over, I decide to turn back. I should've dropped by now. The whole boat is over the edge when I am fully turned. I set my sail for the nearest port.

But then, I drop.