Bond

Today, Twilight wanted to spend time with Fluttershy, so she followed the narrow, curved dirt path, flanked by birds hopping about the greenery. 

            When she arrived at Fluttershy's Cottage, she knocked on the Dutch door, but stillness answered. 

            That worried her, as it's quite strange. She had to hurry.  

            By intuition, she pricked her ears forward only to then hear something, but where?

            There! Her horn stirred magic, and she teleported to the Cottage's first floor. 

            And saw Fluttershy lying prone on the green wood sofa by the french wood window. 

            Twilight's heart raced. Her forelegs trembled. Her forehead beaded with sweat. Her chest hurts. Impending doom loomed. 

            'Topple,' panic fiend said, its voice vicious. 

            Twilight almost did, had she not been taking deep breaths to vanquish the panic fiend. 

            Once free, she eyed Fluttershy. 

            Then approached, with every creak of the floorboard like a thunderclap in her heart. When unbearable, she recalled a hardship: Nightmare Moon. 

            When within reach, Twilight brushed Fluttershy's mane, revealing quivering lips. 

            Upon discovery, Twilight put a hoof on her back, soothing her. This'll make you feel better, she thought.  

            "Are you okay, Fluttershy?" 

            "I-I'm fine, really." 

            Twilight sat on her haunches. "I'm here for you," she said. "You don't have to hide anything." 

            "Well, I . . . snuggled with Angel . . . but it didn't work." 

            "What cause you to feel down?" Twilight asked. 

            "I've no clue. I just woke up this morning feeling . . . like this. No reason at all it seems like."  

            It's imperative that I solve this, Twilight thought, but how? I can hardly bear to see her in such distress! 

            Just then, an idea sparked. "I know just the thing to cheer you up," Twilight said. 

            "Really? What is it?" Fluttershy asked, brightening up.

            Without a word, Twilight's horn produced magic, and they teleported to Twilight's canopy bed on their haunches behind the hoofboard.

            "What are you gonna do?" Fluttershy asked. 

            "You're about to find out!" Twilight said, twinkling. 

             Stirring her horn, Twilight released a magic beam, but it halted, forming and humming, shaping and advancing, emerging and coming into being. Its magenta edges formed; its flowing. Five feet away, is a memory spell. 

            Then the spell continued: the afternoon sun smiled at the forested hillside of evergreen trees and grass.

            And amid pine trees, Princess Celestia and Luna pranced with pep, their faces alight at the togetherness, at the grass, and at the breeze that ruffled their coat, wings, and mane.

            Afterwards, they soared into the sky and flitted, all happily and dappily this way and that, and that and this way.

            After a while, they alighted on the grass and crumpled, all liffy-diffied.

            Oh no! The merry-merriment and happy-happiness got too much!

            Despite this, fun gotta run!

            "Hide-and-seek?" Celestia suggested.

            Luna smiled. "You're on," she said.  

            But first, rest. 

            Then off Celestia strolled on the grass flanked by pine trees. "Dear sister," she called, her tone singsong, "where are you hiding?" This was how she "scared" Luna. 

            Somewhere, Luna clung to a pine tree's trunk for dear life. 

             After what seemed like ages, grass rustled. Luna flashed a glance, alert and tense, her hooves clammy. If seen—doomsday! If not—yay! 

            When the sound faded, Luna realised safety was guaranteed in this dense cluster. 

            Why? They're tall. They're green. They're similiar. They're everywhere. 

            Despite that, Celestia gave Luna a back hug. "So that's where you're hiding," she said, resting her head on her shoulder. When Luna rolled her eyes, Celestia said, "Don't you know that your big sister will always find you, even if you're 'invisible?'" She showed affection at every chance.

            At that moment, Twilight ended the spell. 

            Then they chatted about it. As they did, Fluttershy realised the memory spell was like a hot-air balloon; it lifted the sadness.

            But when? But it doesn't matter, because she feels better again.

            "Uhh, Fluttershy?"        

            That was when Fluttershy realised Twilight said something. "What did you say?" she asked.  

            "I said, how about we girls surprise Princess Celestia and Luna with hide-and-seek!?" 

            Suddenly, Fluttershy held her close. "I just wanted"—she nuzzled her muzzle—"to say thank you for cheering me up because I really, really appreciate it."

            Twilight, unfolding her wings, wrapped her.

            Unbeknownst to them, Spike stood in the doorway, crying.