Glimmer in the snow

Começar do início

Ironically, your gaze wanders off to Krell for a moment, before returning to the blue eyes of the Mirialan.

"In times of war, peace is something that needs to be restored, not protected." you answer to her statement.

As your argument progressed, Padawan Offee and Krell proceeded with the investigation. Leaving the two of you to yourself.

"Peace can be found anywhere, even during such times and this kind of peace also needs protection!" the Jedi Master stated a little more aggressively.

"And what kind of peace is it that you're talking about?" you ask, while leading her towards another room.

"The simple one. Not the peace between planets, but the one inside families. The peace that should reside in everyone's home. A peace in which children can grow up protected and families live happily." she explains while sitting down on a chair.

You take the seat not too far away from her. Your goal for the conversation was rather simple. Through talking about that kind of topic and taking a position a little opposing to that of the Jedi, you lured out Master Unduli's personal views as well as a few other things. By taking an opposing stance to her core beliefs but also showing the willingness to shift a little, you also lure out her personal fears and desires. You noticed that her core belief of protecting peace was connected to something else than the indoctrinated beliefs of the Jedi Order.

By placing the peace of families and children as one of her priorities, she revealed a great weakness. Most people wouldn't even notice how much they are telling you about themselves through such subliminal questioning, but you as a master of manipulation know how to get the information you want. Through her priority she told you about the loneliness residing in her heart, the desire for offspring and the need for warmth of love. She shut herself off, because of the Jedi Code, but you could hear the desires lingering under each and every breath she took.

"A noble goal." you comment.

"Pure intentions are the ones we need the most in times of war." the Jedi states.

"But even the purest intentions should not justify wrong doings." you add.

Master Unduli nods in agreement, her expression showing a mix of contemplation and inner turmoil. You can sense that your words have struck a chord within her, stirring up conflicting emotions and doubts about the Jedi way. It is a delicate balance, pushing her further while still appearing empathetic and understanding.

"Indeed, Master Jedi. Intentions alone cannot absolve one from the consequences of their actions," you continue, your voice tinged with empathy. "But isn't it possible that the rigid adherence to a code, even with the best of intentions, can sometimes blind us to the complexities of the world we seek to protect?"

She pauses, her eyes searching yours for deeper meaning. You can almost see the struggle within her, the desire to explore the grey areas that lie beyond the black-and-white doctrines of the Jedi Order.

"You speak of shades of grey, of a world where intentions must be weighed against the greater good," she muses aloud. "But how do we determine what is right when faced with difficult choices? How do we know we are not simply succumbing to our own desires, when we don't have a code like ours to orientate on?"

"You see discipline and blind following of ancient rules as the one thing to rely on, when it comes to making decisions, but considering that the Jedi Code often holds a view of black and white rather than the shades of grey the universe consists of in these ages, at some point an individual must ask itself the question if their beliefs are the right." you elucidate further, "I do agree with you that discipline is needed but also that it isn't necessarily wrong to succumb to your own desires. They can be a great power and drive people to greater heights if pursued and used correctly."