Chapter 2

There are two empires that rule across Alamat. The two imperial families are both loved by mana.

The De Mon imperial family rules over Eclipsia Empire.
The Sun Shine imperial family rules over Solaria Empire.

Each region has an element that is assigned to the locals.
Pyra Land: Fire
Forest of Dreams: Plants
Lake Swan: Water
Grand Bell: Air

The two imperial families wield a different type of magic that is unique to their bloodline. The Sun Shine family with the attribute of light and the De Mon family with the attribute of darkness.

Only one in ten people have the ability to cast magic. Everyone in this world has at least 1% of mana in their body, it is thought that this is evidence that everyone in this world originated from the magic of creation that only the Deities possess, even if they are unable to manifest it.

Like any other fantasy universe, some classes separate and differentiate the skills of the inhabitants of this world. High-borns and nobles can all display their magic at an early age because their ancestors are cherished by mana and were selected by a deity.

Lower-borns have a lower possibility of manifesting as magical user. However, many of those who are able to manifest as a lower born at a young age become far more powerful than a noble and have a high possibility of ascending as a mage. Being able to manifest at a young age as a lower-born means they are blessed by a powerful elemental spirit or on rare occasions, a dragon. Most lower-borns are able to utilize their magic manifest in their teens, and in some cases much later.

With all of that, you'd think that as a member of the imperial family, I'd have superhuman abilities. That's where you're mistaken. As I mentioned before, Zhilda's powers remain sealed, and I am currently unfit for the title "Princess" of Eclipsia.

Although I am Zhilda, I do not represent her soul. I am now no longer influenced by the curse that originally fell upon her. I can't say the same for her family's curse; I'm not sure if not being cursed excludes the trigger I have on the imperial family.

According to the novel, Zhilda's curse forced her to struggle with a whole bunch of voices inside her head that led her astray. It fed her lies and fake hatred, eventually driving her insane until she lost control of her own mind. She mindlessly followed the whispers in her head. Transforming into the viscous villainess that we all know her as in the novel. That was her curse.

The emperor and her siblings were unable to see her. It's easy to see why they must continue to keep their distance from her, despite their wishes. The empire requires a sane imperial family member; if all of them have gone insane, what will become of the empire? Despite the warnings and the clear reason why they shouldn't see her, the brothers rebelled. After all, they were still simply children.

They began looking over Zhilda from a distance as soon as they learned of her existence, believing that maintaining their distance while watching over her would not trigger their curse. Monitoring Zhilda ultimately became a routine for the three brothers, and they even began taking turns. They had no idea how badly this would backfire on them...

The first incident of them losing sight of themselves suddenly happened.

Henry killed his own twin brother with his blade, screaming in anguish as he knelt on the ground, reflecting on his own deeds that he couldn't comprehend, while Vincent stood in horror as the incident unfolded right before his eyes.

After that, Henry decided it was only logical to stop watching over Zhilda after realizing that was what drove him insane and resulted in him killing their brother. Vincent, on the other hand, continued to disregard the curse's effect, which had caused a feud between the imperial family, unaware that the fight was already a part of the curse's effect.

Then the second.