Pushing past him I finally made it to the stairs. Three of our other friends tried to stop me in the path but I pushed through. Everything happened in slow motion. Everyone was trying to stop me but I could hear them. The room was silent and spinning as my hand grabbed the first door I could find. And that was when I realized why Mike was trying to look out for me. My boyfriend of four years laid underneath my best friend, completely naked.

                The only thing I could do was turn and run out of the room. Tears ran down my face as I collided with some guy walking up the stairs. His eyes ran past me looking through the open door and back to me before pulling me down the stairs. Somehow I was handed another drink and pulled the stranger to the middle of the floor.

*End Flashback*

                “We’ll both just have a burger and fries. I was actually wondering if I could get a piece of you.” Ignoring the guys comment I walked back to the kitchen to put in there order. Before I knew it they were both gone with barely eaten plates still sitting on the table with a fifty dollar tip and a phone number on the receipt. The rest of the day went by in a blur with fewer and fewer customers due to the storm.

                “Hey Annie please text me when you get home.” I watched as she put on her rain coat ready to make a dash for her car.

                “You sure you’re fine closing up without me?” Although I wasn’t afraid of something happening to me I was afraid of the storm for her sake.

                “I’m fine, plus that hot guys from earlier left his wallet. Go before the storm gets worse.” An hour passed and the storm was still bad. I couldn’t help but jump every time the lights flickered.

                “Someone’s who’s afraid of a little storm shouldn’t be closing up by herself.” The scream came almost immediately after he walked in.

                “Are you crazy? You can’t just do that to people. What if I had a heart attack and died then it would be your fault. Could you live with the fact that you caused someone’s death?” He missed the first rag I threw at him and skillfully caught the second and third ones.

                “You babble when you’re scared? That’s cute. I was just coming to get my wallet I forgot here and I find a damsel in distress?”

                “I am not!” Snatching up his wallet I lightly chunked it at his chest and smiled as it hit him and fell to the floor.

                “Not what, cause you look like a damsel and with this storm you’re definitely in distress. I’ll give you a ride home.”

                “Your mom must not have taught you about stranger danger. Fine I’ll ride with you but only because I don’t want to walk all the way in this rain.” Glancing out the door threw the rain I could see a very nice lifted truck. The ride home was nice. The arrogant douchebag was no longer sitting beside me; he was just a normal guy. He told me how when he was younger he started off waiting tables until he proved himself and took over his family’s company. He told me how the guy he was with earlier is his best friend named Kevin who, by the way he talked, I could tell was just like Annie is to me. He walked me to my door but honestly I didn’t want him to leave, I hadn’t enjoyed talking to someone in a long time. So here we sat now in my kitchen eating a pizza we just made and telling crazy stories.

                He had excused himself to talk to his dad on the phone about business stuff while I took a shower and got comfy.

"Wow my dad's a..."

"...butt face!" Immediately I covered my mouth, regretting the words I had just said aloud. Blaze's face suddenly changed with a huge white smile. 

"Well I wasn't going to use those exact words but ok." He let out a low sweet chuckle. Grabbing my hand he pulled me down to sit next to him. "You are the first Mia I have met, and the only one I know." 

"Well mister, you're the first and only Blaze I know."

"Hey I never told you my name was Blaze!" His laughter filled the room once again as his bright smile covered his face.

"You have a nice laugh."

"Thanks, you have a pretty smile. Then again you're pretty."  Hours passed with us just sitting on his bed talking, laughing, and getting to know one another.

                “I should probably go it’s getting late.” Standing up he brushed off his jeans before leaning down and helping me up. “Can I text or call you later?” My heart squeezed at that. Although this guy gave me butterflies I was nervous. I had my heart broken once before and I didn’t want to go through that again.

                “Sure and please drive careful Blaze. Oh and I’m glad we ran into each other again. This is the second time you’ve saved me.” 

“Well hopefully it won’t be the last time I do.” He kissed my cheek before heading out the door leaving me alone with my thoughts as sleep overcame me. I watched him pull out of the driveway right before my phone lit up with a text from him, 'Sweet dreams princess'.