𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐝𝐚𝐲

Shoyo wakes up a little later than usual, his mother's not home anymore and his sister is already at school. after a couple of minutes of thinking about him and Kageyama being together for almost three months, he got up from the bed, took a shower, washed his teeth and after getting dressed, he went downstairs and wrote a message for his mother:

"good morning mama, i left for school a little later than usual because i didn't head my alarm this morning, i did everything i had to do before leaving. love you❤︎︎"

he then got a slice of bread under his teeth and attached the piece of paper on the fridge, making it more visibile than before. after it he got put oc the house and hopped on his bike.

while riding his bike, unfortunately he had a flat tire, he stopped his ride and decided to continue by foot. he arrived a bit later the start of the morning practice, but no one seemed to notice until he entered the gym.

during morning practice

shoyo entered the gym running. he walked to Ukai, and spoke first "i'm sorry for running late to practice coach, i didn't hear the alarm this morning"
"nothing to worry about hinata, it can happen to anyone, just try and focus on the practice, alright?" answers the older man with a slight smile on his lips. "alright!" the red head exclaims, smiling as usual.

hinata gets on the volleyball court, Daichi Sawamura, the former captain, greets him as the vice captain, Sugawara Koushi, former setter, does the same. the team starts practicing on tossing, receiving and blocking.

the bell rings

everyone leaves the gym, but Kageyama and Hinata stay back.

kageyama kisses the shorter male as he melts into it, kageyama's hands on Hinata's waist and hinata's hands on Kageyama's chest, it doesn't feel real, kageyama kissing hinata without him having to kiss first?, for hinata it doesn't feel real.
'he's kissing me first? i thought he'd never do that'
thought the ginger.
after a few minutes the raven breaks the kiss and says "i love you shoyo, i really do, but i don't know how to show it."
'lie, i'm lying, but hinata doesn't need to know, right?' the raven thought to himself.
"i love you too Tobio" replies the ginger head with a sweet smile on he's face.

they left the gym and got up with the upperclassmen and the other first years, they all changed into the school uniform and got to they're classes.

~~~

after the first period everything went downhill for hinata, his father was hospitalized after an incident, he left school early and only texted on the volleyball gc that he sadly wouldn't be at practice in the afternoon. he went straight to the hospital after getting the authorization from his class coordinator, Takeda Sensei. he rode his bike as fast as he'd be able to, even if it meant not going to school the next day or answering kageyama's texts or calls. his family meant everything to him.

~~~

that night he got home at 2 am in the morning, he stayed with his father as long as he could, and while his mother and sister went home he went to kenma's house to feel better a bit and talk about everything going on in their lives. the red head fell asleep around 3 am that night, he didn't feel like going to school the next day, so he stayed home, he didn't answer anyone's calls or texts, not even Tobio's.

a few days later..

A/N
biboop, cliffhanger🤭