Chapter 2: A Young Fairy

"Ugh hello? People hi, can you wake up please?" A young voice sounded directly above Matthew's ear as he groaned. He shifted, as he felt strong arms encasing him, protecting him.

"Good, you're not dead," the voice said again as Matthew begrudgingly opened his eyes. The first thing he saw was trees... and two suns in the sky. Definitely not weird at all.

A head poked into his peripheral vision as a young boy, no older than 16 stared at him curiously. "Is your friend ok there?" The stranger asked as Matthew shakily rose up and went to check on Hanbin, shaking him.

"Seokmae?" Hanbin said tiredly, opening his eyes as Matthew gasped and hugged him in close. "Yah, Sung Hanbin- why did you follow me like that without knowing anything? It's dangerous!" Matthew scolded as Hanbin didn't even look shocked that they had entered another world- or reality.

"Shh, Matthew ah, I told you I'll go anywhere with you, to the end of the universe" Hanbin mumbled as Matthew felt his throat clogging from emotions. So that's what a best friend was.

"Plus, whatever this is, this whole character, narrative thingy- you can explain it to me later" Hanbin said as he pulled Matthew in tight, rocks digging into their skin. "I trust you" he whispered as Matthew warily nodded.

"Alrighty hyung, if you say so" Matthew sighed as he stared around, taking in the gorgeous surroundings. They lay on the riverbed, with tall, luscious trees surrounding them. The whole world seemed unreal- with the river gleaming a sparkling purple and the clouds forming little hearts in the sky.

His eyes filtered over to the young boy, who was sitting there with a fish in his hand and something fluttering on his back. "No way..." Hanbin mumbled.

"Wings?"

"Yes wings" the young boy snorted as he continued cooking his lunch over a fire. "And, don't be surprised you have them too," he said dryly as he watched Matthew and Hanbin gasp and turn around.

Hanbin's wings were a deep blue, fading into stars as Matthew's were a faded yellow and orange, that represented the sun. Hanbin's breath caught in his throat as he noticed how ethereal Matthew looked as a fairy.

Matthew's hair lay in blonde ashy waves over his face as a slight shimmering glow was cast over his body. Hanbin on the other hand, looked like a prince. His sharp wings causing his striking features to stand out.

Both of their other worldly clothes had somehow disappeared and they both sported a tight tank top, fit with two holes for their wings, and jeans.

"No way- we're fairies now?!" Matthew gasped as he put a hand to his mouth. He took out his book, as he flipped through their first chapter, scanning all the journeys he'd been on with his best friend.

His eyes landed on the second chapter.

Sung Hanbin and Seok Matthew, two of the remaining fairies meet the last of their kind. A young boy with twisted memories, Han Yujin.

"Han Yujin?"

"How did you know my name?" Yujin asked as he narrowed his eyes at them, holding his flopping fish like a weapon. Matthew waved his hands up in surrender as Hanbin stared at him curiously as well.

"I'll explain later Yujinnie," Matthew said as the young boy grimaced at the nickname. "Anyways tell me about you!" Matthew exclaimed, only cause he really couldn't be bothered flicking through his book and reading Yujin's backstory (yes he did that for Hanbin).

"Well..." Yujin started nervously as he glanced at them in distrust. Hanbin and Matthew nodded encouragingly as Yujin's eyes flicked to their wings.

"So basically, we're fairies right? And our mortal enemies are elves, so I was living here peacefully with my race until the elves came in and slaughtered everyone, including my parents" Yujin started quite broadly. Ok maybe Matthew did need to read up on the whole elves, fairies rivalry thing.