My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~13~

Depuis le début

"Don't I know you from somewhere?"

I stared at her blankly for a moment, trying to recollect if I in fact had known her from somewhere.

"Um, I don't know" I finally answered, giving a small smile.

"You look so familiar to me" She scrunched up her face thinking hard.

She snapped her fingers.

"Were you by any chance in sydney a few months ago?"

As soon as the words left her lips realization dawned on me. She was the asian woman who took our orders at Yukis at the Quay, she was the one Vascoe...er Mr.Kelly..er got all stoned faced with. At that moment I felt skeptical of her presence, why the hell was she here? In connetticut?? Out of impulse I glanced over in the direction of the man and saw a stalky man with him. Both of them stared at our exchange,why didn't these men look familiar to me? An uneasy feeling took over and I didn't trust the situation, I refocused my attention on the asian woman.

I shook my head forcing a smile.

"No,sorry I think you have the wrong person. Listen I have to get these groceries home, but it was nice talking to you"

I began retreating down the aisle with my basket, a hand caught my arm and I stiffened with half the mind to sucker punch this woman. I held it back and turned around, seeing the woman holding my arm.

"You dropped your credit card" she held up Nina's gold card.

I smiled politely and took it from her hands, pulling my arm from her grasp.

"Thank you"

"No problem" I heard her say as I made my way to the check out line. I walked passed the two men and loaded my stuff on to the conveyer belt, feeling eyes burning holes in my back. Finally after bagging and paying for the food, I left the store and loaded up the car. Even in the comfort of Nina's car something didn't sit right in my gut, something was up I just didn't know what. To be on the safe side I took the long way home.

Times when we had groceries, I hated Nina for moving into a condo at the BACK of the complex. I lugged as many bags as I could to the door, set them down and fiddled with the keys and the lock. An arm flashed in my periphial vision coming at me, out of relex I turned my body quickly and launched a hammerfist into someones face. The person groaned in pain, when I spun around with the intention of kicking ass I saw Garey cupping his mouth. My eyes bugged and I gasped.

"Oh my god Garey! are you okay? I'm so sorry!"

"I know now never to sneak up on you again" He cracked wincing.

Guilt fell upon me, he pulled his hands away revealing a busted lip with blood trickling down his chin. He put his hands back over his mouth, I turned to the door and hurriedly unlocked it, pulling him inside to the love seat. I forced him to sit down.

"Stay right here, I'm going to run and bring the other groceries in really quick okay" I rushed out of the condo, sprinting to the car and finished unloading it. I nearly stumbled over the groceries I left by the door, when I got all of the bags inside and onto the counters, I sped upstairs to get the disinfectant, neosporin, and a hand towel.

I tended to Garey as soon as I made it back downstairs, taking a seat next to him. I perched myself up onto my knees and faced him, ordered him to move his hands and gently wiped the blood off of his face. I squirted disinfectant on the towel and scrunched it up on the tip of my index finger.