Joker

Bruce's pov
Gotham, Wayne Tower 10 am

"Mr Wayne, how do you fell now that you got your parents' inheritance back?" one of the reporters asked at the press conference.
"I'm glad that I can be here again. And to be honest, I'm relieved too" I said with a wink and the people laughed.
"Mr Wayne, what's your family thinks about this case?"
"They were supporting me durring this long-term battle, but Superman was the one who believed in me, no matter what crazy ideas I had" I said as I looked into Clark Kent's eyes, making him blush which made me smile.
"What are you're plans for the future?"
"A rough night with Superman and three more children" I said with my inconic playboy smile and as I looked at Clark, I saw that his whole face was red now. "I'm sorry, it was too high ball for me not to hit. My answer is that I'll fire all my old directors and search for better people to replace them" I said and I didn't see anyone smiling now. "More questions?" I asked laughing and I managed to release the tense atmosphere.
"Is the rumour true that you're going to buy the Lex corp?"
"It is. Lex Luthor is my great friend who turned to good and wants to help people. He wants to spend all his time to invent things, so he can't manage to lead the company. That's why I'm planing to buy it. Thank you" I said and escaped inside the building from the photographers.

-The next day-

We were waken up by Alfred.

"I'm sorry sir, but I had to wake you up. You got an urgent letter from somebody" he said and handed me over a letter while I was still trying to get out from Clark's arms.
"Thank you, Alfred. Could you please let me go or at least sit up?" I asked Clark and with a dissatisfied sigh, he let me sit up.

We both sat up and I started to read the message while Clark leaned his head on my shoulder and closed his eyes. He wasn't used to getting up early.

As I read through the letter, my fear grew moment by moment. I was searching for a solution, but I could only find one.

"Clark, you have to wake up. After breakfast you have to leave Gotham with Jonathan" I said almost crying.
"What? What are you talking about?" he sat up immediately and looked into my eyes for explanation.
"Just read this" I handed him over the letter.
"Bruce, I won't leave you because of this. We'll find him together and... " he started after he read the letter, but I cut him off.
"And then what? Kill him?"
"You killed before and he is your biggest enemy. You could do it again and we won't have to leave" he said, and I lowered my head. I felt his fingers on my chin and he made me look at him.
"It's different with him. He's an ill man and didn't chose to be evil"
"And you would rather live without me and without your son than kill him?" he asked outraged again, but I only sighed tiredly.
"I don't want to kill anyone and I don't want you to get killed. That's why I'm asking you to leave"
"But for how long?"
"I don't now. I'll try to find a solution, but I don't want to kill him" I whispered and tears rolled down my cheek.
"Fine, we'll leave, but only if you accept my conditions while I'm away from you. You won't ignore Dick and you can't fall back to depression again. I don't want to see you in that condition again as you were when we weren't together. Do you accept it?"
"I accept it. I go and wake up the kids to eat breakfast together for one last time"

The letter:

Dear Batsy,
You know, I was always curious who's under that mask and yesterday one of my henchmen finally found out. At first I thought he was crazy, but after I thought about it, it was the only explanation. Brucie, you have already caused me many sleepless nights, but now it's your turn. I won't let you rest, not even for a moment, so you'll need a good coffee machine. I can recommend you one if you want.

Best whishes,
Joker

PS: If I were you, I'd always keep an eye on my family. By the way, Jonathan is very cute and seems like he likes the color green.

(This is the end of this book, but I'll continue it in a new book. It will mostly be about Jondami, but I can promis you that it'll be very exciting. Until then, have a nice day:)