Chapter 20: the end of time

Start from the beginning

When me and jack get home I go up to my room I go to the sidetable I see a box I open it and its a box full of our pitcures of us and a voice recording I play it "hey baby if you are hearing this than im already gone I just wanted you to know that I love you and I wont stop please take care of yourself baby I love you you made me the happiest I have ever been in my whole life thanks for that one last thing you will be a great dad love you mark" the voice recording said I started crying again when it stopped I head to jacks room I see him on his bed facing the wall "hey kiddo I got to show you something" I said he turns over to me "okay" he said in a husk voice his eyes all red and puffy. We go to my truck and I take jack to a lavender field "what are we doing here?" he asked "just come" I said he sighs and gets out of the truck following me we climb the hill I pull him in close "look" I said pointing at the sunset "when you ever miss jay just look here "how did you find this place?" he asked "I took jay here for our first date" I said "you should have seen his face when he saw the sunset" I said "I miss him" he said "so do I kiddo" I said we both sit down watching the sun dissaper from the hills he puts his head on my shoulder "we can do this together" he said "yeah" I said "and dad it will be okay if you mess up sometimes your not perfect no one is" he said "thanks kiddo" I said "home wont feel the same without him" I said "yeah" he said "lets get some rest its been a hell of a day" I said "okay" he said "are we going to do what we did for alex?" he asked as we are walking down the hill "yeah" I said. When we go back home we head to our rooms I hesate for a minute I have been hoping that this is just a fucked up dream and I will wake up soon but its not I walk into the room and I lay in bed its cold and empty no other warmth other than mine no one is whispering in my ear goodnight or I love you I see my door open and I hear pitter patter of paws hitting the ground daisy jumps on the bed sniffing jays spot "I know girl I miss him too" I said daisy cuddles into my side and I fall alseep. When I wake up I look to see if it was a dream but I feel my neckless he gave me I head down stairs and I go to the kitchen I grab a beer and I chug it grabing another one jack comes downstairs and sees the empty can and the one I just opened he just looks at me "what time are we leaving?" he asked "when zack and mitch come here" I said "okay" he said I finish my beer before sitting on the couch next to him "want to play cod?" I asked "no im not in the mood" he said "why afraid to lose again?" I asked waving the contoller in his face "no I just dont want to" he said "alright then lets make a bet" I said "okay what is it?" he asked "if I win you pay me twenty bucks if I lose I pay you twenty" I said "deal" he said I chuckle a bit "wait how many rounds?" he asked "best out of three rounds win" I said "okay I can do that" he said I smile a bit. "Yes I did it I beated you!!" he said with a smile on his face throwing up his hands in the air I smile seeing him happy maybe this wont be so hard I thought to myself I give him twenty bucks right when zack and mitch walk through the door "you guys ready to go?" zack asked "yeah" I said I grab the box with some of jays favorite stuff in it. We all head to the oak tree we dig a hole next to alexs I open the box and everyone puts their stuff in it when I put the box in the hole all the memories of jay comes flashing back to me the a bullet I hold jacks hand he looks at me with a soft and sad smile "to brother father and husband he will always be loved till we all die" I said "hell yeah" they all said we all fill the hole we carve his name into the tree and our intials I put the same thing I said on the tree we all sit down and talk for hours zack and mitch left after two hours me and jack just sat there he didnt really know jay as well as I did so I told him everything there was to know "I still wonder how dad ended in a family like this when he is shuch a good person" jack said "we all wonder that but im glade he did or I would not have you or him" I said "yeah im glad too" he said hugging me "hey dad will you ever date again?" he asked "no I dont think I can bring myself to leave jay like that" I said "alright" he said "lets go home" I said. When we head home I just go up to my room I grab my phone and I look at all the pictures of me and jay alex too "it really feels like the end of time" I thought to myself I lay my head down on the pellows I close my eyes all I can see is him and our memories with eachother I grab a blaket and I just go into a ball trying to get pass this but I dont think I will ever get over this.