𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. 𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒈

Alec's Outfit:

☀︎︎𐬺⁂☆彡CHAPTER SEVEN{ʀᴇᴍɪɴɪsᴄɪɴɢ}———————————

☀︎︎𐬺⁂☆彡
CHAPTER SEVEN
{ʀᴇᴍɪɴɪsᴄɪɴɢ}
———————————

———————————"ɪ ᴡɪsʜ ɪ ʜᴀᴅ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴇs ᴏꜰ ʜᴇʀ

———————————
"ɪ ᴡɪsʜ ɪ ʜᴀᴅ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴇs ᴏꜰ ʜᴇʀ."
☀︎︎𐬺⁂☆彡

IT WAS ALMOST THE TIME OF YEAR AGAIN. The day when Alec's mother Isabella died. It was a day that made the house feel somber, not just on the day but the week leading up to it. In the week leading up to it, though, the family would bring down old things that belonged to Isabella and reminisce about her.

It was something they did together. Even Elena and her family would come from New York. It was a time they always loved being together to remember Alec's mom. Alec loved that his family were together to remember his mother. It was something he cherished dearly. And now, this year, he had more people he cared about to hear stories about his mom.

Alec had asked his grandparents if he could invite May, her family, Amelia, her family, Jeremiah, and Roxy to go through his mom's things and tell stories. Angelica and Hector happily let them come, knowing how much they mean to Alec. And, of course, JJ would be there mainly because he now lived with the family. He was also happy to learn about Alec's mom.

"How come you don't mention your mom?" JJ asked as he and all the older kids were in Alec's room looking through Isabella's things.

A massive chest in the middle of them filled with Isabella's things from when she was alive. Alec was sitting against his bed on the floor with May beside him. Jeremiah and Roxy were across from them, with JJ and Cassia on May's left and Josephine, Alec's aunt Elena's daughter, on Alec's right.

"I don't really have memories with her. So it's hard to talk about her." Alec answered his friend, who nodded.

"That makes sense. I don't remember my father, so I don't mention him. I get it." Roxy said, looking at Alec, who smiled at her.

Since learning more about each other, Alec and Roxy had gotten close. Sharing the same experience of having a father walk out made them close, and they had become great friends. They were each other's person they'd go to if they needed to talk or vent about anything.

"Your mom had a lot of cool stuff. I mean, all these little nicknacks, clothes, and pictures are unbelievable." May said, looking into the chest.

"Yeah, I mean, this shirt she D.I.Yed is so cool," Cassia said, holding up a shirt.

Alec smiled, looking at the shirt. It was a band T-shirt from a band Alec's never heard of that was cut into a crop top but was cut up to have slits on the arms and the back. Alec thought the way his mom cut up the shirt was super cool.

"You can have it, Cas," Alec said, looking at his cousin.

Cassia looked at him, shocked, "Wait, really?" She asked, and Alec nodded.

"Yeah. If you really like it, you can have it." Alec told her.

"But it was your mom's," Cassia said. "Don't you want to keep it?"

"I'll never wear it. No matter how cool it is, it won't fit me. If I keep it, it'll just collect dust in the chest." Alec told Cassia genuinely, and Cassia smiled.

"Thanks, Alec," Cassia said, putting the shirt in her lap.

"Oh, it's your mom holding you," Roxy said, pulling out a photo from the chest, and JJ leaned over to see the picture.

JJ's eyes widened, "Holy shit. Alec, your mom was hot as hell." JJ said, earning a smack from Cassia.

"Dude, not cool," Jeremiah told JJ, shaking his head.

"Why would you say that?" Roxy asked the blonde.

"It's true." JJ shrugged, and Alec chuckled, shaking his head.

"Please, JJ, never call my mom hot again," Alec told his weird friend.

"Right, sorry. You got it, dude." JJ said.

May grabbed a pile of more photos and started looking at all of them. She smiled, seeing the pictures of Alec's mom holding a baby Alec.

"Your mom looked happy in these with you as a baby," May said, showing Alec, who sighed.

Alec smiled at the pictures sadly, "I wish I had more memories of her." Alec said, now holding the picture in his hand.

"Well, at least you have these memories of hers," Josephine said, and Alec looked at her. "I'm sure it's not enough, but at least it's something. Right?"

"She's right. Despite my father leaving, a part of me wishes I had memories with him. It's like you told me, Alec, it's okay to miss someone when left you sometimes." Roxy told Alec sincerely.

"Thanks, Roxy. And you guys are right." Alec said, smiling. "And thank you guys for being here. It means a lot to me and my family."

"Of course, man. You're my best friend. I'll always support you." Jeremiah said to Alec.

"Yeah, dude, we're family," JJ said, and Alec smiled playfully, rolling his eyes.

"Family and friends always stick together," May said, wrapping her arm around Alec's shoulders and making him lean into her.

"I love you guys," Alec told his friends and family.

Cassia smiled, "We love you too." She said, and everyone nodded.

Alec loved his friends and family so much, and he appreciated them all for being with him before the anniversary of his mother's death. It was usually a hard week leading up to the day, but having them with him made him feel better about it.

It made him even more ready for the day itself.