𝐒𝐈𝐗. 𝒊 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒔

Comenzar desde el principio

"I hate to say this. And I do hate it cause agreeing with JJ is against my entire being, but..." Cassia said, making JJ give her a look. "Alec, come on, cuz. Seeing you like this is downright depressing."

"I can't move. Any time I try, my body stiffens, and the doubt creeps back up." Alec said.

"Wow. I know you said you get like this when it comes to big decisions, but I didn't expect anything like this." JJ shook his head.

Cassia sighed and walked over to Alec's bed and sat on the edge, "Alec, I know you're scared, just like how you were when you wanted to tell May how you felt in the beginning. And I know you get in your head a lot, which doesn't help your anxiety. But what happened to a leap of faith?" Cassia asked Alec, who sighed.

"This leap seems too far, and I don't know if I'll make it," Alec told Cassia, shaking his head.

"A leap of faith?" JJ asked, leaning against the footboard of Alec's bed.

"When Alec first discovered his feelings for May, Jeremiah told him to take a leap of faith in telling her. This happened the day of the tsunami, and when Alec almost died that day, he took that advice to heart. He's been following pretty much anything big that happens in his life after he overthinks it and has a panic attack." Cassia explains, and Alec groans, shoving a pillow on his face.

"You make me sound pathetic, Cassia."

"At this moment, you are," Cassia said, taking the pillow away from Alec. "Take the leap of faith, Alec. Or else you might lose May forever."

Alec looked at Cassia and knew she was right. If he never admits his love for May, he would lose her, and he didn't want that to happen. Alec nodded, then hopped from his bed and rushed to get dressed.

"There's the older cousin I know and love," Cassia said, grabbing JJ's arm and dragging him out of Alec's room.

As soon as Alec was dressed, he walked out of his house, making everyone turn to him. He didn't even pay them attention as he walked out the door.

"Where's he going?" Hector asked.

Cassia and JJ smiled at each other, "Taking a leap of faith." Cassia told them.

Alec would leap even if it costs him to lose May forever if she didn't feel the same.

☀︎︎𐬺⁂☆彡

"Hi, Alec, sweetheart." Athena greeted Alec, who smiled at her after she opened the door. "How've you been?"

"I'm good. How about you?" Alec said as Athena let him inside.

"I'm good, honey. May's in her room." Athena said, and Alec nodded.

"Thanks, Athena," Alec said to the woman genuinely.

"Of course, Alec. You're family." Athena said, which warmed Alec's heart.

Alec smiled at Athena's comment before heading to May's room. Her door was closed, which gave Alec time to take a deep breath before knocking. He heard a faint come in and opened the door. Inside was May, just hanging out on her bed on her laptop.

She looked so beautiful even though she was sitting there. But Alec thought she looked beautiful doing the simplest things. Seeing her always made a smile appear on his face. And it was moments like those that Alec knew he was in love with May.

"Hey," May said, noticing Alec smiling.

"Hey," Alec replied as he walked into her room and sat on her bed.

"What's up?" May asked against herself so that she was on Alec's lap, with Alec instantly holding her close.

"I love you."

There was a long pause as Alec's comment made May freeze. Alec's heart was beating fast from May's silence, wondering if she didn't feel the same. Alec's anxiety was through the roof, and he was praying May would say something soon.

As for May, she was stunned. She didn't think Alec would say those words. Hell, she didn't even think he felt that way about her. There were times she wanted to say those three words but never dared to. And here was Alec telling her that he loved her.

"May, please say something," Alec whispered, scared of what she might say.

May smiled, "I love you too." She said, and Alec's eyes widened.

"Really? You're not just saying it because I did." Alec questioned.

Instead of saying anything, May brought Alec in for a kiss. May put all her emotions and feelings into the kiss to show Alec she meant what she said. And Alec felt it. She loved him back.

"I mean it," May said, breaking them apart.

Alec smiled, "Really?"

"Really," May said, holding Alec's face to show she was super serious.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to tell you. And how happy it makes me that you love me too." Alec confessed.

"Well, I'm glad you finally told me. And if I'm being honest, I've wanted to tell you that I love you for a while, too." May confessed as well.

"I love you," Alec said, and May smiled.

"You're gonna say that any chance you get now, aren't you?" May asked.

Alec nodded, nuzzling his face in her neck, "Of course. I love you, and I always want you to know that." Alec said with his face now buried in May's neck.

"Well, I love you too," May said, chuckling. "And I want you to know that too. No matter what, I love you."

Alec sighed, holding May closer, happy to hear her say those words. May plays with Alec's hair, feeling Alec's breath hit her neck, feeling content.

The couple stayed in this position for a while, holding each other close. Neither wanted to let go of the other, not when they both admitted to their love for each other. That was how Athena found them just holding each other, and she smiled. She didn't know why they were holding each other but loved how much they meant to one another.

She hoped nothing would break them apart because she could see they belonged together.