ғɪᴠᴇ // FROM CHARMING TO ALARMING IN SECONDS

TW — DRUNK DRIVING

CHAPTER FIVE // FROM CHARMING TO ALARMING IN SECONDS

RILEY SAT ON THE COUCH IN HER HOME finishing her fourth glass of wine, pouring another as her eyelids grew heavy from all of the alcohol in her blood stream.

Two weeks had passed since Riley had visited or had a drink at the Mayan clubhouse, not since that morning when Bishop began to question her about drinking. Riley had promised she wouldn't come around the clubhouse anymore ( since her drinking had become a problem for everyone apparently ) and as the last remaining Teller, she would keep that promise.

A sigh left the brunette's red stained lips as her phone began to vibrate across the coffee table. Of course not showing up to the clubhouse for two weeks had sent her phone into a frenzy.

Missed calls, unanswered texts, and unheard voicemails filled her phone from various Mayan members wondering where she was and if she was alright. Marcus had messaged her a few times trying to assure her that Bishop was just worried, but Riley didn't get a fuck.

The Teller woman was so sick and tired of everyone acting like her drinking was such a fucking problem. Every member of the Mayans and SAMCRO drank — excessively too. So, why was everyone giving her worried looks and disappointed glances whenever she threw back a few drinks?

With a roll of her heavy eyes she hastily picked up the still vibrating phone. "Stop fucking calling me." Her voice like venom as she slurred into the phone.

"Uh, hey, it's Brooke." A nervous and confused voice said on the other side. "I was wondering if you could come into the shelter for a few hours tonight. We got a new litter of puppies and could really use the extra hand." She explain after moment as Riley remained silent on the other end.

Riley stared at the half empty bottle of wine in front of her. She knew it was the best choice to tell Brooke 'no', say she had been drinking and wasn't in the best state to drive right now, but maybe it was because of all of the alcohol in her system that Riley's judgment was clouded and the word 'yes' stumbled from her lips.

"Really? I mean that's great!" Brooke said with relief. "I'll see you in a little bit?" Her tone more of a question than a statement — trying to assure herself more than anything.

It was no big secret that Riley Teller enjoyed alcohol, and the only reason she got to stick around the shelter was because she didn't come in drunk and she was really good with the animals. It was also frowned upon to 'fire' someone based on what they liked to do on their downtime— drinking wasn't an illegal activity.