ᴛᴡᴏ // ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀsᴡᴇᴇᴛ

IT WAS A BITTERSWEET FEELING FOR RILEY to see everything she owned all packed away into a few large boxes

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

IT WAS A BITTERSWEET FEELING FOR RILEY to see everything she owned all packed away into a few large boxes. It was bittersweet to be leaving behind the only home she had known, the only family she had to start all over in some town she never heard of, but a new start was what she so desperately needed and a last wish of her late brother — and she'd do her best to keep his wishes.

When she broke the news to Happy about her decision to move to Santo Padre it started a fight between the two best friends. Granted even when Happy fought he was still stoic and quiet only saying a few meaningful words here and there, but when Riley fought she was loud and mean. There were plenty of times when she fought with loved ones and her words were always venom, striking and attacking before she had time to think about the consequences.

Riley had said her goodbyes to the club earlier in the week. She didn't want to make a big fuss about it or have a party thrown for her much like her mother would have done if she were still alive. It felt odd to hug Chibs and Tig goodbye, she always thought death would be the reason she'd have to say goodbye to them — in way it was just not theirs. Tig made her promise she would come and visit them soon and the lie fell from her lips with ease while Chibs made her promise to do better, and once again the lie was so easy to fall from her lips.

After saying goodbye to the club there were a few ghost Riley needed to see one last time. It felt surreal to the Teller woman that there were so many of her family members in the small Charming cemetery. Hell, half of the cemetery was probably her family or club members at this point.

Her teary green eyes stared at Tara and Jax's gravestones as she placed a bouquet of sunflowers at the bottom of the granite stones. A numbness took over her body as she placed a hand on top on each of the cold stones, tears now spilling from her blurry eyes. Riley and Tara always had their differences but they loved each other like sisters and when Gemma killed her, she knew it was the end of things — not only Gemma herself but Jax as well.

"I hope I'm doing the right thing, Jax." Riley said with a small humorless laugh as she turned her focus onto her brother's grave. "I think it's for the best you send Abel and Thomas with Wendy and Nero." She voiced.

It irked Riley when Jax made the decision to send her nephews with his ex wife and the man her mom had began dating before her demise, looking back though his decision was right. Riley was a mess and could no way care for two kids right now. The argument they had about it seemed so minuscule now.

"Fuck. I wish you were here. I wish you both were." Riley wiped the tears from her eyes. "I love you both. I'll see you around." A small smile formed on her lips as she touched the cold stones one last time before exiting the cemetery for what would be the last time in (hopefully) a long time.

_______

RILEY SAT ON THE FLOOR OF HER EMPTY HOUSE WITH A BOTTLE OF JACK DANIEL'S NEXT TO HER. It was her last night in the home and what other way to leave it then with a hangover and some spilled alcohol on the carpeted floors.

The distinctive sound of Happy's bike made the brunette raise an eyebrow towards the door. She had figured he'd show up at some point,  it was her last night in Charming after all and he had practically lived at her house after Jax's death — keeping an extra close eye on her.

She kept her eyes on the door as she took a sip from the bottle of Jack Daniel's listening to Happy put his key in the lock, turning and twisting until it finally unlocked.

Happy stepped inside the empty house his face void of emotion as his dark eyes wandered around the bare home before landing on a drinking Riley. The tattooed biker shook his head not saying a word before slamming the door behind him and walking off further into the house.

He had never been a man of many words. He didn't see the point in sharing bullshit things like emotions they just screwed people all up inside, but Riley Teller was different. She accepted his stoic attitude and his lack of words — she was loud enough for the both of them. Sure, they talked and had conversations, but little touches or looks were enough for them.

Riley has been a bubbly, fun, passionate person when he first met her and god did he find her annoying, but her personality had been so infectious that he couldn't help but be drawn to her. They formed a friendship quick and one many thought was more at times and it definitely did cross the lines of just friends more than once. Riley was his peace and he hers. Happy didn't know why it worked that way but it did, but now, after all the trauma she had been through she was no longer her old self.

Instead a darker version of herself took over, the new Riley drank too much and didn't have passion anymore. This new Riley was leaving him and that scared the shit out of him.

The brunette rolled her eyes as she stood up and followed Happy making sure to leave the alcohol behind. She didn't want to hear his comments about her drinking too much.

"Hap?" She called out as she entered her room, finding him shirtless and sitting on her bed the only piece of furniture she had decided to leave behind.

There was a tense silence in the room as they stared at each other, Riley leaned against the doorframe waiting for Happy to say something that she knew he wouldn't while he waited for her to make a move towards him knowing damn well she was just as stubborn as he was.

"Get over here." He demanded as his raspy voice broke the silence. He needed her. He needed to be inside of her.

Riley rolled her eyes but complied, desire formed in her stomach as she slowly made her way towards Happy. In another life Riley had always thought Happy and her would have been together with a dog and maybe even a kid or two, but not this one. It wasn't meant for them.

The Teller woman stood in front of Happy with a smirk on her face as she ran a hand down his heavily tattooed body. She had always been amazed by all the of tattoos on his body. 

A moan of pleasure left Happy's throat as he felt Riley's fingers on his inked skin. "Quit teasin' " He rasped as he pulled Riley's body closer to his.

The smirk on Riley's face grew wider as she nodded and titled her head up to place a kiss on his lips. Happy grabbed the back of her head, pulling lightly on her hair and deepened the kiss. He needed her and now. This was their last night together in what would be a long time and he wanted it to be special. He wasn't only losing his best friend but the only girl he ever allowed himself to love.

"I love you." Happy mumbled against her lips.

It wasn't the first time they had said those words to each other. It didn't mean to them what it meant to others. Their relationship wasn't typical and that's the way they liked it. It worked for them.

"I love you too."

Those were the last four words Riley left Happy with as she quietly snuck out of the empty house early the next morning ready to start a new life for herself.

_______

AN —
next chapter is gonna skip some time so Riley has been in Santo Padre for a few months and has formed relationships with the Mayans already. Thank you for the votes and comments !