ғᴏᴜʀ // I AIN'T PROUD OF ALL THE PUNCHES THAT I'VE THROWN

CHAPTER FOUR // I AIN'T PROUD OF ALL THE PUNCHES THAT I'VE THROWN

THE PAIN BEHIND RILEY'S EYES THE NEXT MORNING was nothing new for the Teller woman. Being an avid drinker wasn't enough to save her from the terrible hangovers when the next morning came.

A groan fell from her dry mouth as she slowly opened her bloodshot eyes, this feeling right here — the dry mouth and pain in her head was the only downfall to her drinking. The hangovers were always a bitch, but they only lasted a few hours and that's why she continued to drink.

Riley could handle a few hours of pain in return for the hours and hours of the that euphoric feeling that alcohol gave her.

A glass of water was sitting on the nightstand like it always was whenever Riley slept at the clubhouse. She was never sure who put it there, but she was thankful to whoever did. She quickly sat up and drank the water down in one long swallow, her mouth no longer dry like sandpaper.

Riley's memory of last night was hazy as she walked into the small bathroom that was adjacent to the bedroom she was in. She looked at herself in the mirror and let out a sigh, her makeup was smeared around her eyes leaving a mix of black streaks of eyeliner and mascara down her cheeks.

Her memory had slowly gotten worse with the more she drank. The longer the night went on and the more she drank she couldn't remember the things she said to people or the things she did. It only came back to her in pieces during the day when she sobered up or when someone told her, and the amount of times she had to apologize to people was getting out of hand.

The Teller woman turned the faucet on, leaning down she splashed some cold water on her face. It would hopefully wake her up some more and get rid of the remains of last nights makeup.

With her eyes still closed Riley grabbed at the washcloth that hung on the towel rack and wipe away the water from her face. She looked at herself again in the mirror, there was still makeup on her face but it at least it look a bit better now.

Sighing she placed the washcloth back in its place and exited the bathroom and made her way out of the bedroom, ready to hear the stories of her actions from last nights drunken foolery.

"Morning, Chucky." Riley greeted the bald man with a small smile. "Is there any coffee?" She quickly asked as she sat down at the empty bar.

Riley was happy to see the clubhouse empty besides Chucky. She needed at least one cup of coffee before dealing with anyone else.

"Morning, Riley." Chucky smiled as he wiped the bar down. "I'll get you a cup of joe right away." He said while tossing the cloth over his shoulder and quickly walking off.

A small chuckle left Riley's lips as she watch Chucky walk off. She had grown fond of the man in the many years that she knew him. He was off of course, but he was loyal and sweet. When Riley learned Chucky had been lost to SAMCRO during a card game to the Mayans, she had been devastated, but now their paths had crossed again. It was one of the only good moments in her life.

"Here's your cup of joe, Miss Teller." Chucky said as he placed a mug in front of Riley. "I added cinnamon just like you like it." He smiled.

"Thanks, Chucky." Riley smiled as she placed the cup of coffee up to her lips and took a sip.

It warmed Riley's heart to know that he still remembered how she took her coffee. Not many people remembered much about her besides who her family was, though the gesture small it was enough.

"El Jefe." Chucky had noticed the Mayan President enter the room quietly, running a hand over his beard as he stared at Riley Teller.

Riley turned around in her chair and made eye contact with Bishop. His face looked tired and stressed and she couldn't help but wonder if she was the reasoning behind that.

"Chucky." Bishop nodded, keeping his eyes on Riley as he slowly made his way towards the bar. "Don't you got some work to do out in the office." He stated matter of factly, looking at the bald man as he sat down next to Riley.

"Yes, boss." The bald man nodded before quickly making himself gone from Bishop and Riley's sight.

It grew silent as Riley sipped on her coffee and Bishop stared at her, thinking of way to approach the topic of her over drinking. He knew he would be met with a defensive response and harsh words, but something needed to be said. Riley Teller was slowly killing herself.

"How you feeling?" The Mayan President asked, deciding the slow approach would be best right now.

The brunette shrugged. "How I always feel after drinking. I mean, I don't drink to feel like rainbows and butterflies the next day, Bis." Her tone was defensive as she stared at the man with a raised eyebrow.

Maybe the slow approach wasn't the best decision. Maybe he needed to be brutally honest with her. She was a Teller after all.

"Look, we're worried about you." He said as Riley scoffed at his words. "Your drinking is getting out of hand, Riley. I know you've been through a lot of shit, but this is the way to get through it." Bishop placed his hand on top of hers, frowning once she quickly removed hers as though his touch was poisonous.

Riley could feel rage building up inside of her. She could feel her defenses going up and the angry words on the tip of her tongue. Everyone was so fucking worried about her drinking.

"I'm not the only one who drinks. This whole fucking club drinks, yet anytime I drink it's, "oh, watch out for Riley." It's fucking bullshit. You don't know half the shit I've been though and don't fucking act like you do. It's insulting." Riley spat as she quickly stood up from the bar stool.

"I never fucking asked for you all to look after me. I'm a grown fucking woman and I can live on my own. If you don't want me here then I won't come here anymore, if my drinking is such a problem for everyone."

"That's not what I'm fuckin' saying." Bishop said with a sigh.

Riley Teller was too much like her brother and mother, at times too much like her stepfather. She spoke before she thought things through and was full of rage at times. Sadly, she was a product of the environment she had been bought up in.

"Fuck off, Bishop." She spat with a scoff as she quickly left the clubhouse with anger radiating off of her body in waves.

Bishop ran a hand over his face as the door slammed behind Riley. He knew better than to go after her. She was too angry, too hungover. Maybe Marcus did need to be called in.

___________

AN
Sorry it took me so long to update! Riley is slowly becoming one of my favorites to write. She's such a fucking mess and I love writing her. Dial Drunk by Noah Kahan is definitely her theme song btw.