C2- Stress Indeed

That was 2 years ago...your mother died the next day, of course you mourned, but you're still holding in the grief. Cal comforted you , crying occasionally, while Olive spent time with you, you all bonded. But only the three of you. Ben was wrecked, Mick and Zeke occupying themselves after getting ignored by Ben.

But nine months ago? Well, let's go back ...

You're flashing memories with a smile as you stare at a sick Cal. He met this Violet girl, she liked him but he didn't like her, so he pushed her off when she tried to kiss him, you laughed at the thought. Now, Cal has his cancer back, worse than ever, laying on a hospital bed in the house, his scar glowing.

Zeke sat aside him. "Cal..." He said. Bringing you out of your train of thought, you jerk your head up from the corner of the room and walk towards them.

"It's a calling...if Angelina has the sapphire, and the scar is connected to it...Cal must be in a calling with her." You said. Oh, your blood boiled , if she hurts him...

That bitch!

Then suddenly, Cal sprung up. Hope glimmered in your eyes, while fear was recognised in his. He laid down,
"Call Olive...it's time..."

You never thought that 4 words would break you.

Zeke had an expression you couldn't decipher on his face.

Your mind went blank.

Next thing you know , Zeke goes up to call Olive, but once he comes down, he looks determined.

You've seen that determined face before...

Oh , hell nah, I am not losing him.

"Zeke. Zeke. No , what are you planning?!" You whisper-yell , he was like your older brother.

Voices blurr as you watch Zeke touch Cal and phone Michaela.

That's when you last realized. Zeke swapped out and gave his life for Cal.

You recall on how you slumped on the floor and sobbed, knowing you couldn't do anything , but seeing Cal wake up gave you faith.

Now , you're on a chair, combing Eden's hair.

"Can we go see daddy?" She asked politely, tilting her head up to face you, Eden gave a sweet smile.

"Mhm Today's one of those day's" you mumble softly enough for the toddler to hear, she got a bright grin on her face.

That grin runs in the Stone family, has to be.

You chuckled at your thoughts.

So how were you guys coping? I mean, Ben and Michaela and Zeke aren't here? Truth is, for Eden, the three of you acted like you were. But you weren't.

Flight 828ers were captured, but it was like a high-tech prison of some sort. Testing subjects. Scanning handprints. Daily room check-ins. But the passengers were allowed to see their loved ones, twice in a while.

You couldn't go, because you had a fake identity , due to your whole touching the tailfin and reappearing event...

Name and last name: Valerie (Johnson) Stone.
Age: Cal is 21 so age is 20
Status: Married to Gabriel Stone.
Occupation: Artist-in-progress.

Yeah ...Olive was suddenly weird about how it would be awkward to have Cal's fake identity ( Gabriel ) as your brother, so therefore partner. You asked her why,hiding the fact that you're having deep yet far and hidden feelings for Cal. She never responded, just winked and wished you good luck if you guys had to make out to prove you're married, to a higher government level.

So in short, Olive will love it if you can Call get together, but you're too burdened with stress to worry about feelings...at the moment. You couldn't visit Ben, he played a big part in your life once Zeke was gone, he was like your father figure. Cal also couldn't visit. Have to keep the whole ( just a cousin to Cal ) thing.

"Hey...I'm going to the restaurant, Olive said she'll help Eden get ready to see dad." A familiar voice claimed. It was Cal.

Ol and Cal got jobs, you were looking after Eden. Ol was a baby sitter at other homes, Cal was a cook at a...kind of unpopular but a bit known restaurant. The salary wasn't enough at one point, so you all sold the car. It helped.

You looked behind you and stood up. Nodding , you gave a short smile to Cal.

"Sure thing, Calamander."

He chuckled, hearing you say that. Cal held your shoulders.

"You , my y/n y/l/n, need rest! Go sleep. My bed is always free." He muttered the last part.

My?

Your heart fluttered and you gave him a very very short hug before running up the stairs.

A hand grabbed your wrist.
It was a soft yet soothing feeling.

You turned towards a smirking Cal. (Boy , did he learn to flirt)

"C'mon, is that all I get?"

You fake grumbled , walked downstairs and hugged him, he chuckled. Enjoying his scent that made you feel safe. Your arms wrapped around his waist , burying your head in his chest, he played with your hair. Gently, brushing your hair with his fingers.

A rough throat clearance was heard from assuming, Olive behind you guys. You broke the hug and Cal looked down seeming ...

Disappointed? That I broke the hug?

You softly smiled when you turned your back, "Hey, Ol."
You said.

"So so sorry! To break up the love fest! But princess y/n/n needs her rest and you need to make money, mister." Olive sarcastingly said, coming over and grabbing your shoulders from behind and staring at Cal with squinted eyes.

You both laughed if off, you headed upstairs.

In all honesty, you were exhausted! You didn't even have time to process everything that happend with the passengers being captured because Olive and Cal decided what to do so fast. Sleeping hadn't really been your thinking for the past nine months. You had to take care of Eden.

Finally.

Flunking onto Cal's bed , you eventually fell asleep, knowing that it would take long for Olive and Eden to get ready so Cal would he back once they're done.

Part 3 will be published soon.

I'm sorry for the timeskips, but I've got a really good plot planned. I mean, who cares if a Calling somehow teaches y/n tactic skills, combat moves, dealing with weapons and fight fields... right? Okay I'm sorry! I might not do that but I'm not sure if I should! I just want y/n to be vigilant so I'll have to bring up her having "trauma that taught her fighting skills" or something .

Word count~ including all current stated letters and author notes are 1108