Chapter 20: New Member

Start from the beginning

Jaune nodded once again as a shiver ran down Jaune's body, due to being out in the cold.

Fiona noticed it and looked at Jaune with a raised brow. "Jaune?" She called to him.

Jaune turned to her, "Yeah, Fiona?" Jaune asked.

"Do you have any spare clothes? You know, for the weather here?" She asked.

Jaune looked a bit bashful and shook his head, "Not really, I've been using the shirt you gave me, besides that, no," Jaune replied.

Fiona gave him a worried look, "You know you'll catch a cold if you just shrug the cold off, right?" Fiona asked.

Jaune just gave Fiona a light shrug, "I'll be fine, I'm getting used to the cold," He replied.

Fiona raised a brow in suspicion, "Oh? Then what was that shiver then I just saw?" She asked.

Jaune groaned, "Again, I'm fine," Jaune told her.

Fiona shook her head, "Nope, we're getting you some new clothes, the last thing we need you to be is sick when we're out on missions," Fiona replied.

Jaune rolled his eyes, "Fine," he replied

Fiona smiled, knowing she won. "Good, now let's go head into town and get you some warmer clothes!" Fiona said with cheer.

Jaune was a bit surprised, "Right now?" He asked.

Fiona nodded, "Yeah because if we don't go now, you'll just make an excuse to not go, like training," she told him.

Jaune gave her an annoyed look, "Training isn't an excuse, it's something I need plenty of," Jaune argued.

"Yeah, after all, we just kicked his ass!" May teased.

Jaune groaned and Joanna sighed at the girl's teasing.

Fiona nodded, "Yes, that's true, but it's all you've been doing next to helping us with missions," She told him, "You need to relax a little, ya know," She replied.

"Shopping is supposed to relax me?" Jaune asked.

"Yeah," Fiona said with a cheeky smile.

Jaune wanted to argue but he sighed in defeat. "Whatever, let's go," Jaune said, sheathing Crocea Mors and fully draping himself in his cloak.

Fiona nodded and followed after him, only to be stopped by May who turned the sheep faunus to face her and gave her a wink and a thumbs up. Fiona blushed but turned back around and followed Jaune.

May snickered as the two left, "Man, she really has it bad for him!" May said. "Makes me wonder then they're gonna hook up,"

Joanna sighed, "You really think she'll make a move before he leaves?" she asked.

May looked and Joanna with a smirk and a raised brow, "You kidding?" She asked, "She'd have to be an idiot not to make a move on a guy like that," May told Joanna.

Joanna shrugged, "Never know May, besides, seems like the guy might be going through his own things," Joanna told her.

May nodded, knowing what she meant, the young teen seemed to have gone through a lot before coming to Atlas, after all, it was Robyn to called him out about killing before getting here, and to know that someone so young killed before, it made them wonder how it affected the young man.

But if anyone of them could help the younger boy out, it was Fiona, she had gone through worse pain than most of them, yet she still smiled and moved forward and had a heart of gold.

Back with Fiona and Jaune, they had entered the city and were walking toward the shopping district of Mantle, however, the two had seemed to catch a certain figure's eye.