|| 32. Don't Leave (UN-EDITED)

Start from the beginning

"Right now?" Y/N inquired, her curiosity prompting her to seek clarification on the timing of Hermione's involvement. 

"Yeah, right now," Hermione's affirmation came with a hint of resignation as she confirmed. The anticipation of the New Year's party seemed to be looming large in her thoughts.

"See you tomorrow?" Hermione offered, the words a hopeful invitation for a continuation of their friendship in the days to come. However, Y/N's curiosity wasn't fully satiated, a lingering question dancing at the tip of her tongue.

"Wait, actually, who are you taking to the dance?" The query was delivered with a hint of bashfulness, Y/N's hands finding their way behind her back as she fidgeted with her fingers, an endearing display of nervous energy. Hermione's response held a hint of vulnerability, her words carrying a touch of uncertainty. 

"Actually, no one's asked me yet..." Her gaze shifted, a fleeting glance to the side.

"Oh, I can go with—" Y/N's attempt to interject was swiftly thwarted by an unexpected intrusion, a voice emerging from the periphery of their conversation. 

Aurora's arrival was heralded by her enthusiastic tone, a smile lighting up her features as she approached Y/N and Hermione. The sudden interruption seemed to dissipate Y/N's words, leaving them hanging in the air, unheard and unspoken.

"Y/N!" Aurora's exclamation carried a contagious excitement, her hand finding its way to Y/N's shoulder in an affectionate gesture. 

In her other hand, she proudly displayed a handful of tickets, their significance shrouded in mystery. Curiosity got the better of Y/N, though a flicker of annoyance lingered beneath the surface of her expression. 

"What's that?" Y/N inquired, her voice tinged with a hint of frustration born from the untimely interruption. With a grin that matched her enthusiasm, Aurora provided the answer. 

"Tickets to the New Year's party – my favorite band's performing tonight," Aurora revealed, her words an invitation into the realm of music and celebration. The prospect of a night filled with music and fun was evident in Aurora's excitement. 

"We're going together, right?" Aurora posed the question to Y/N, her gaze a mixture of anticipation and hope.

Y/N's response was a moment of hesitation, her gaze flickering between Aurora and Hermione. Caught between two worlds – the offer of a fun-filled evening with a friend and the unspoken dynamic she shared with Hermione – Y/N's emotions seemed to play out across her features. Her mouth twitched as if she was on the cusp of speaking, her eyebrows furrowing in thought.

In the end, Y/N's nod was reluctant, a decision made under the weight of competing priorities. Her gaze shifted from Aurora to Hermione, the latter's expression carrying a note of subtle disappointment. Their unspoken connection seemed to hum in the air, the tension of an unresolved conversation hanging between them. 

Hermione's voice, when it finally emerged, was soft and resigned.

"I'll get going now," Hermione announced, her words carrying a sense of finality. With a small, unspoken nod in Y/N's direction, Hermione turned and walked away, her figure fading every step she took.

"You okay?" Aurora asked, Y/N looking to the side as she gently pushed her away with a small nod.

"I need to go." Y/N murmured, leaving Aurora alone.

✴✴✴✴✴

Instagram DM's 

@ronnieboy