The Past and The Present {1}

A ginger sighed as he sat on the plane, tapping his thigh rhythmically as the sound of the engines roaring were blasted in his ears. Despite how many trips he'd taken to different countries after moving from Japan, despite the amount of live houses he'd go to, he would never get used to how loud the airplane was. It was annoying, distracting him from any thought he dared to try to focus on, and so instead tried to concentrate on the rhythm he was making with his fingers.

"Hey, Ena," he coughed, looking up at the brunette beside him. He was surprised she was willing to go back with him, he guessed it was because of them, the people he couldn't exactly recall the names of.
"Huh? What's up?" She looked back at him, leaning over.
"D'you think they're still living there?"
"Probably not, it's been years. They've moved on," she said, shrugging, yet seemed almost reminiscent as she finished the sentence. She pursed her lips, glancing at Akito's thigh, wondering how he could stay so focused on a simple beat even with how loud it was. "Why? You hoping they're still there?"
"Well, yeah, I told An and Toya about it last minute."

They sat there in silence, Akito going back to drumming as he hummed, barely able to hear himself over everyone else. Four hours left, he thought to himself, four hours left. He could almost laugh at the idea of how people would react to him, somehow a celebrity, being on Vivid Street.

He wondered if Toya still wrote, if An still sang and got a new partner. He heard that Mizuki started a fashion brand, and he wondered if it was successful. He was completely unaware of his past friend's lives, and it pained him even while the years passed by. He was aware of how weak he was to still care, to still think about his highschool friends, it pissed him off, but they still clung to his mind like parasites. He weakly laughed as the rhythm on his leg quickened.

"Doesn't Vivid Street have some nice looking places? You should bring me there for once," the brunette exclaimed, both siblings finally adjusting to the painful noise.
"What? No way, dude, I barely remember where it is."
"Wouldn't you have muscle memory or some shit?"
"What does that have to do with anything?" He looked at her, his brows furrowed. She giggled, earning a seemingly agitated sigh from him. It always annoyed him to bring Ena anywhere, even now. It was one of the multitude of habits he kept from his teenage years.

He glanced at every sound heard, his body oddly tense, tingling with both excitement and nervousness. Shinei, his father, finally left them alone, no longer forcing them to stay from where they had grown. It was if their father was a fisherman, and they were the fish who gladly took the bait. He didn't care if it was a trick. He just wanted to see those who he was forced to leave behind.
•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•
"Toya! I thought you were working today," an eccentric girl shouted at the blue haired boy, half-asleep on his couch.
"Hm? No, there was a fire," he said tiredly, slightly sweating from the heat in his apartment.
"The, f-fire? Fire? There was a fire?" She shrieked, quickly covering his mouth, not wanting to get him his fifth noise complaint.
"Yeah," he said as if it was a normal occurrence, closing his eyes as he relaxed his body.
"Well, uh, uh, wanna watch Koha and I practice? We have a few events soon, and we're practicing a few new songs!"
"Not really," he said, his voice on the more agitated side. "How did you even get a new partner so soon after 'Kito left?" He said, lifting his eyebrow.
"Dude, it's been two years, I've moved on. Also, you were friends with her before!" She exclaimed.

He sighed, exhaustion flooding him as he stared at the TV. He didn't know what movie was playing, nor did he care. He spent far too long the previous night writing, only getting a short nap in before being disturbed by An breaking into his apartment. He could barely remember whether it was fanfiction or a proper book, his mind urged him to go back to sleep.

"Sorry."
"Hm? For what?"
"I'm just tired. Didn't really sleep."
"Oh! You were just writing, right?"
"Yeah."
"Was it that book series [#### ## #####] or fanfiction? I'd be willing to spellcheck either!"
"Edit," he murmured to himself, something about it making him nauseous. Not the type of nausea he'd experience before his numerous hospital visits, but rather a strong feeling of sadness that presented as nausea. "No, it's fine."
"'Ight. I'll be heading out, come over to my place if you want though!"
"Mhm."

As she left, he sat up, leaning over to look at the writing. Fanfiction, he thought, shrugging. He quickly skimmed through it to remember what he wrote a few hours ago in a half-asleep state before a wave of nausea hit him. He groaned, leaning back into the cushions of the couch, waiting for it to pass over. He whimpered slightly at the pain that came with, closing his eyes as he attempted to direct his attention onto the movie. He heard is phone ring, quickly picking it up.

Oh. Just An.
——————————
VIVIDAn:)
Ill order something for you!!
make sure to eat it
bitch

squid9
got it
make sure not to add in the squid
like last time.

VIVIDAn:)
BRO
I WONT
IHY
——————————
He chuckled at it before almost gagging, quickly shutting up.
•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•
"Akito! We're here," Ena said, pulling on Akito's hoodie to get his attention.
"Oh. Don't we have one more plane 'till we get there?"
"Yeah. That one's three hours, right?"
"Mhm," he hummed, getting up from his seat as he slightly stretched.

He looked out the window, staring at the scenery outside. He felt himself slightly smiling, not from awe at the surroundings, but rather at his close he was to the place he was still emotionally attached to.

At how close he was to being at where he could potentially have worth.
•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•
WORD COUNT: 1034
oooooo Akito depress
anyways hope this seems like it'll be a good sequel to EDITOR
(also would like to note Kohane and An have been partnered for two years. the Shinonome's moved away three)
note from a bit later- I just realized I said spellcheck instead of edit?? help????