29. my kind of christmas

Start from the beginning

Lilith

Hey! Are you coming to my house for Christmas? My mom is making a Christmas Eve dinner with turkey, rice, and a creamy potato dish she made for Thanksgiving that was delicious. 

And some warm garlic and cheese rolls. I have some horrible Christmas sweaters for you both that match mine. 

pleaseeeeeee. I'll also include a present and a Christmas breakfast as part of the bribe. There will be lots of delicious food. You love food. 

Dean

You didn't need to convince me; I was going to go anyway if I didn't have a case. 

WHAT?! Damn it. I understand then. 

I'll finish it as fast as I can. 

Okay. :( 

I'm serious. 

I know.  

Lili

You better bring your ass to my house for Christmas. I'll settle for you guys coming on the 25th. Don't be a party pooper. 

Sammy Boy

I don't like Christmas, you know I don't have your holiday spirit, and we're in the middle of a case. 

I said don't be a party pooper, and besides, Dean already agreed, and he's your older brother. You have to obey him. 

Since when? 

now.

Don't make me convince you with sentimentality. 

think of Dean.

On the morning of the 24th, Lilith came downstairs wearing a Christmas pajama and a Santa Claus hat. She immediately caught the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and freshly toasted bread that her mom was spreading avocado cream and pieces of boiled egg on. The jazz music playing in the background added to the good vibes, accompanied by Etta James' voice.

"Santa Claus is coming to town," her mom said. She didn't have a good singing voice, but that didn't stop her from singing anyway. "Good morning, baby. I made a light breakfast so we can eat well at dinner. Will the boys join us after all?"

"I don't know," Lilith replied with a pout. She checked her phone while sitting next to her mom. There were no messages from the Winchesters. "What are we going to do in the afternoon?"

"Well, you have to help me decorate the cookies for tomorrow's breakfast," her mom said, taking a bite of her toast. She was terrible in the kitchen; she couldn't cook anything and was clumsy, but she could decorate a couple of cookies. It was just a matter of putting icing and colored sprinkles on them. "But then we can watch movies."

"I want to watch The Grinch."

"Ah, and we're going to the Christmas Eve mass. Maybe you can join and sing carols."

"To Father Coleman's church?" Lilith never thought she would be so excited about going to church, but she was. When she was little, her mom allowed her to join the choir, and there was Mrs. Brown, the only one who knew how to liven up a church. She wouldn't get bored if it weren't for her and her fantastic choir. That woman had a killer range, and Lilith was her number one fan. "I can't wait to sing with Mrs. Brown, and we can do a call-and-response! She always looks for someone in the audience to battle with her."