𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

𝐒𝐚𝐦

She didn't say anything, she just took her place next to me as I passed her a cigarette.

"I expected you to run for miles when you saw me" I spoke, staring at the moon.

"I wanted to but there's a draw to you that I can't run from" She explained, with a sigh in her voice.

We didn't say anything else for a few moments, silence. Comfortable silence. Yet it was full of so much tension. Questions and words running through my mind that I would never say out loud. Words that people would scream at me for not saying.

"Life used to be so much easier when we did this as teenagers, smoking on a wall" She speaks up, tapping the ash off on the edge.

"Life always felt easy when I was with you," I say involuntarily as she laughs under her breath.

"Funny that cause you ran and ruined my life, remember?" She speaks the truth.

"Yeah I remember and now here we are at twenty-eight. Unspoken past between us that you ran from, remember?" I speak back.

"Life felt easy with you too" She suddenly says back.

We both stared at the sky, our minds going insane. Weirdly, this doesn't feel weird. That we find our ways to each other on days like these. The anniversary of our breakup. I know when she's lost and she knows when I feel alone.

"Why did you actually come home?" I ask a question that played over and over as I didn't believe her last answer.

"I told ya, I missed everyone and Pheebs wanted me back for a while. You weren't meant to be here"

"That's a reason to come home not why" I speak nonchalantly.

"Okay fine. I got a month off from writing because my depression took over which takes me to after Christmas because I get then of as well. I lost myself again, isolated myself and I wasn't doing my best writing and home is comfort. Well London is now, here was to see everyone but it is still comfort" She speaks her truth.

"I'm so sorry Arabella" I speak, guilt taking over.

"What about you? You were meant to hardly be around" She fired back.

"I avoid your grandparents so they will probably think that and I was away for a while in London so Phoebe wouldn't have seen me but I work better at home" I answer honestly.

She nods, registering my words in her brain as she leans back a little. She was yet to make eye contact with me.

I flicked my eyes over her appearance. Glasses on and messy hair. Green eyes that were a light in the dark. An oversized hoodie and leggings that suited her so well. Her brown hair which turned ginger in sunlight was shimmering. She was as gorgeous as ever. Her beauty always made me lose my breath.

Her eyes turned in my eye direction, joining mine for the first time at this moment. She look tired and like she had cried at some point but they still could light up any room. My heart fluttered like I was that teenager all over again.

Her eyes for me were always the thing that meant the most to me. The image of them losing all the light ruined me with guilt.

"I could always read your eyes till that day" She whispered, admiring my eyes.

"Your eyes were always my reassurance till that day" I replied honestly.

"I'm proud of you by the way. From the boy playing guitar in your room to me to being this singer that is living his dreams," She suddenly whispered.

Her saying those words meant more to me than anyone else saying those three words. I'm proud of you.

"Aye Says you, Miss bigshot songwriter in London. From hiding them from anyone but me to showing the whole world" I whisper back.

We were both whispering as if we were scared to break the moment and trance we were in. Like it wasn't real.

"We shouldn't be this tense with each other but so easy with each other. It doesn't make sense" She suddenly speaks, looking away as she begins to overthink the situation we were in.

"We never did make sense until we dated then after there was no sense" I spoke informatively.

She just sighed in reply as her head started spinning cogs round and round over us. My body took over my brain as I made my next move.

I reached my hand out to touch her chin and move her face in the light to face me, looking into my eyes. I traced my fingertips over her skin before making my way into her hair, playing with strands.

I slowly leaned in towards her as she shut her eyes at my touch.

"You are too tangled into my soul for we shouldn't words. If I could go back to a time before it was too late I would but we are together now. It's not too late, it never will be" I whispered.

Before placing my lips against hers. She froze for a minute as I started moving my lips before she reached her hand up to my cheek, pulling me in closer. Her lips were always so soft and melted into mine perfectly.

I wanted this for eternity. This feeling. A feeling of safety and comfort even in the chaos that we are in. A feeling of adrenaline pumping. I want us for eternity.

I would wait several more ten years just for her.

----

okay so this chapter isn't quite how I thought but I still love it. oh yeah they kissed. how are we all? we freaking out cause me too. hope you love it x