5. The incident

Chapter five

WARNING: this chapter contains mention of self-harm

"How do you feel about sneaking out behind Snape's back?" Maya giggled, as she and Eris were wandering down one of the many streets in London.

"We've done this a million times before, May," Eris reminded with a subtle smile. "But, I must admit, it's one of my favourite things to do."

"Feels like we're kids again, doesn't it?" the blonde grabbed Eris' hand and intertwined their fingers.

"I'm not sure if kids would go to a club. Although, we did sneak some of that champagne your mum had when we were eight."

"I still hate it to this day," Maya cringed when she remembered the taste. "No idea how she can drink this stuff."

Eris chuckled at her statement, also remembering the awful taste of the alcohol. It was way too sweet for her liking.

After a short walk, they finally reached their destination. It was one of the most famous clubs in the Muggle's World.

As Maya promised, they went out the following day. Nothing better than celebrating in a club with a group of your friends. Niles and Preston were invited, too.

Maya spotted them standing in the line at the club's entrance. They joined them immediately.

"Here they are, our favourite girls!" Preston exclaimed, hugging them after.

"So good to see you, beautiful ladies." Niles greeted the girls as well. "It's been so long since we've seen you, May."

"You know how it is. School has been a bit crazy lately," she chuckled nervously, sending a look to Eris.

Miss Argyris definitely knew what she meant.

"Good thing we don't have dance practice this weekend. We can enjoy each other's company, just like in those good old days," Eris reminisced, earning a group laugh.

After waiting in line for twenty minutes, they were finally able to go into the club.

The place was gigantic. Several places to sit– couches, bar stools, as well as some closed areas for privacy. The dance floor was already filled with people, dancing and swaying to the beat. The drinks menu was hanging above the bar area, majestically presenting different types of drinks and something to snack on. The LED lights filled the space with purple shades, the red single lights mixing into them as well.

"Let's get something to drink," Eris proposed loudly enough for them to hear, "on me!"

The first few hours they spent in one group, tasting all kinds of colourful drinks and catching up on the latest news. They were able to find a spot with two big couches and a coffee table. That's where they shared some secrets.

After leaving the dance floor, Eris noticed Niles sitting alone. She walked to him a bit wobbly, as he pulled her onto his lap.

"Are you okay, Niles?" she wrapped an arm around his neck and let it fall on his shoulder.

"A bit anxious, I won't lie. But I'm having a great time, Eirene," a wide grin decorated his lips.