Chapter 4

"Shantelle Rennay Dawnly!"

"I'm sorry Mr. Logan. I forgot to call you yesterday!" He grabs unto my shoulders, looking like he was about to lose his mind.

"Do you know how worried I was? I called and called and called, and you did not answer. Don't do that to me Elle." He wraps his arms around me, hugging me tightly.
"I thought the worse."

"I'm sorry Mr. Logan." He pulls away, looking me over.

"Did you reach home safe did something happen?"

"I...."

Should I tell him what happened? What if they come back and hurt him.

I should keep it too myself.

"I really only forgot to call Mr. Logan. When I got home I was so tired that I just went straight to bed." He looks at me, really looks at me.

"I need you to be safe Elle."

"I am. I promise." He gives my shoulder a gentle squeeze before letting go.

"I'll have to stay back again, I didn't get to do what I had planned, because Henry came and dragged me out of here. You'll stay until 7 and I'll drop you home and come back."

"No it's okay. I can travel. It's okay."

"Elle."

"I can do it Mr. Logan." He stares at me again.

I understood his concern, but I wanted to see if I will see the man again.

I normally have problems sleeping but this time I couldn't sleep at all.

"Fine, but you better call me the moment you get on and off the bus, and when you enter your door."

"Sir yes sir." I salute. He shakes his head walking off to the back.

"We're suppose to have a bit of a rush today. But not as heavy."

"Okay." He enters the office door, and I walk to the front counter, sitting down.

I still couldn't believe I met actual vampires. I was up all night researching it, and came up with that answer. I honestly can't believe they exist.

Yet...what was that pull between me and him.

I sigh deeply, grabbing my ponytail and playing with it. I needed a distraction.

The door opens and a customer comes in. He looked familiar but I couldn't remember from where.

"Hello Ma'am I am Bernard Jung. It's nice to meet you." He says stretching his hand out. To which I accept.

"Oh it's nice to meet you Bernard. I am Shantelle Dawnly." He nods, repeating my name.

Unaware to Shantelle, a certain man stood outside leaning against the wall to the right, listening in to her and Bernard's conversation.

Shantelle Dawnly. He whispers, testing the sound of her name from his lips.

He knew she was his mate. Sadly he didn't desire to have one again, after the last account. Even if the bond strained for them to be together, he couldn't allow her to settle for the likes of him.

Bernard walks out the door with a bag of medication they didn't need. He walks off, Bernard walking next to him, not saying a word.

Bernard has been with him for what felt like centuries now. He found the boy on the brink of death after an aggravated robbery in the late 1900s, and he's been loyal to him ever since he saved his life.

He was also the only person he trusted, and would consider him a friend.

A title that is considered very rare to have.

Leon Kim has walked the earth, since 1911. A noble man at most, and now highly respected in the vampire world. He's travelled many places before settling down here in the Saint John, Canada.

He became a nomad after the death of his first mate, a memory he desired to forget.

"Shouldn't you meet her Master Leon? She is your mate." Bernard asks him. He glances at the younger vampire displeased. He's spoken to him many times about calling him Master, but he still didn't take heed.

He turns back front, walking forward.

Being alive for many years, you eventually have so much money stored up, it's quite ridiculous really. So much so, that a fellow vampire, decided to open a bank for vampires to store their wealth. Some have bought houses, others have invested, however for Leon, he was that fellow vampire that created the bank.

A vault at home, is sometimes not the safest so he created one here in Canada and eventually made other branches around the world. Each place hidden in an underground location, with governmental permission to have such business, seeing as some vampires in politics agreed to the plan.

They arrive back at the car, Bernard opening the door for him.
"I told you I can open the door Bernard." He scolds the boy for the millionth time, trying to take the door from him.

He pulls it back, mindful not to break it.
"Just get in." He narrows his eyes at him. Shaking his head and just obliging.

Bernard goes to the front, getting in and starting the car, driving towards the estate.

His dead heart aches for her, as the distance between them increased. The bond making it almost hard for him to breath, and he didn't need to.

He went through this before.

His first mate, was also human. However she wanted nothing to do with a blood sucking demon as she called him. Back then he was desperate for love and wanting to love, that her rejection was like a stake to his heart.

He still couldn't believe she did that.

Shaking his head, he tries to shake the memory away, just as his phone rings. Bernard watches him through the side mirror and he looks away from the boy's watchful eye.

--

The amount of times, she sighed for the day, made her almost feel like she was stuck on record.

"Elle, so a stock pile is coming in a few minutes. We'll be getting raid of the old ones, and replacing them with new ones. Can you box them up so we can give it back to the supplier when they make the drop?"

"On it boss." She replies, getting off the chair and going over to the shelf.

Mr. Logan watches contented at the young girl. He was very happy to have her around, but worried for her daily.

Unknown to his sunshine, he had a secret.

He's been in the medical field for more than the 15 years he told her of. Being alive since 1889.

He was going to his car after a business meeting and got into an accident. The nomad who changed him, found him covered in blood and on the brink of death.

He's grateful to him.

However sadly, he was engaged to be married.

Her name was Marianne Winston. She was 32 years old, him 42. Their love and bond surpassed the age gap and the cruel criticisms of men.

However he kept watch from afar. Realizing that the love they had, that bond was also one of his true mate.
But he couldn't hurt her, plus her parents had already forced another man unto her and she married him.

Still from afar, he saw the effects of the bond. She grew weaker and weaker as days went by, eventually she was admitted to hospital.

He couldn't remain away anymore.

When he got to the hospital her parents argued with him. Scorned me and blamed me for their daughter dying.

He didn't know how to continue on, but even though they told him she was dead, he didn't feel it in his heart.

----