Ling Lihua was a little doubtful, but she followed her inside nonetheless.

Inside the house.

Madam Zheng had been laid on the bed.

When Ling Lihua’s gaze landed on the woman’s face, she froze. This person seemed somewhat familiar.

Although her face was pale and haggard, she could still identify the familiarness in her features on a closer look.

Moreover, given the bad blood between her and Madam Zheng, she would probably still recognize that woman even if she had been reduced to ashes.

Therefore, it did not take long for Ling Lihua to realize who she was.

She narrowed her eyes. “Is that Zheng Yanran?”

Lu Liangwei nodded. “Yes, that’s her.”

Ling Lihua concealed the murderous intent in her eyes. Seeing the state Madam Zheng was in, she said in surprise, “How did she become like this?”

Lu Liangwei explained, “A few months ago, Dad sent her to White Cloud Temple in the suburbs. When I went to see her today, she was already like this.”

Ling Lihua was taken aback by her words.

She did not know that Lu Hetian had sent Madam Zheng away.

There was undisguised astonishment in her eyes.

After a while, she looked at Lu Liangwei in bewilderment. “Why did you suddenly want to see her?”

If you find any errors ( broken links, non-standard content, etc.. ), Please let us know < report chapter > so we can fix it as soon as possible.

Chapter 592: Use Moderate Force
Observing the changes in expression on her mother’s face, Lu Liangwei said softly, “Mother, have you ever thought that something was strange about Madam Zheng’s sudden return with a child back then?”

Ling Lihua was startled. “You…”

“Mother, Grandmother already told me everything. Besides, I’m not a child anymore. I want to know exactly what happened between you and Dad back then.”

Sighing, Ling Lihua stroked her hair and said, “It’s all in the past; why even bring it up?”

Lu Liangwei furrowed her brow. “But you and Dad…”

“Weiwei, don’t worry yourself over what happened between your dad and me,” Ling Lihua interrupted her.

Lu Liangwei was anxious, but she recomposed herself when she thought of her mother’s hostility to her father. “All right then, let’s not talk about Dad right now. But there’s something weird about Madam Zheng. Don’t you want to get to the bottom of this, Mother?”

Sure enough, Ling Lihua’s expression eased a little after her daughter’s agreement to stop mentioning Lu Hetian. “What happened to Madam Zheng?”

“I just examined her earlier; she has been poisoned and only has a few days left. Don’t you find it strange, Mother? On paper, she’s just Daddy’s concubine, and she doesn’t have a prominent background or status, so why did she get lethally poisoned after being sent to White Cloud Temple by Dad? Who’d want to kill her?” Lu Liangwei was puzzled.

Hearing this, Ling Lihua reached out and took Madam Zheng’s pulse.

After a while, she withdrew her hand, confused as ever.

“She’s indeed poisoned. Fatally, in fact. But this poison is chronic and won’t kill her right away.” When Madam Zheng was a young woman, her family fell into decline, and there was nobody left in her household. When she was almost sold to a brothel, it was she—Ling Lihua—who saved her.