what they do when they miss you

A/N: Before I start my first ever preference in SEVEN YEARS I just want to say I'm sorry if it's rough because as I just said, it's been years. Also, feel free to DM me to fangirl, or reach out on instagram (1988.gnr). Please comment, I love seeing what you all think:)

Axl: When Axl misses you, he writes songs about you. "She's got eyes of the bluest skies.", "Girl I think about you everyday now.", "Don't you cry tonight, I still love you baby.", were all lyrics he wrote about you/for you. If he was on tour, he would mail you demos and call you up to tell you which tracks had lyrics written just for you. You'd listen to them all day and night until he got home to sing them to you himself.

Duff: When Duff misses you, he calls you. But not just one call a day. Sometimes it would be upwards of 7 or 8 calls a day. Duff would call you even if he just had one minute to talk. When he missed you, he just needed to hear your voice. You received countless payphone calls from random gas stations while the bus would fill up and calls that you could barely hear him because he was about to go on stage. No matter how much time he had though, he would always start the call with "Hey sweetheart" and end it with "I love you".

Izzy: When Izzy missed you, he would write you endearing love letters. His words were incredibly poetic and he somehow thought of something to make each one more special than the last. You loved getting his letters and thought it was so cool seeing them stamped from all different states and countries. For someone in one of the biggest rock bands in the world, he sure did sign his letters with lots of X's and O's.

Slash: When Slash missed you, he would listen to the mixtape you made for him. Before leaving for long periods of time, you guys would swap tapes filled with songs that reminded you of one another. After shows, he'd wind down by sitting on the bus or in his hotel room with a pair of headphones on and a cigarette in between his lips listening to the songs you picked for him. The guys would make fun of him sometimes because they'd catch him humming power ballads like "Faithfully" by Journey and "Heaven" by Bryan Adams.

Steven: When Steven missed you, he would literally jump on a flight home to you. This caused problems with the band because he would miss practice often, but there was nothing that could satisfy his desire to see you besides actually seeing you. You became accustomed to waking up at 3AM to him crawling into bed after flying from God knows where, and only staying for a few hours before he had to leave again. Even though your times together was short when he visited, you were grateful to only have to wait a couple weeks at most to see him again.