|| 29. Mom, I'm not Gay! (UN-EDITED)

Start from the beginning

"I just want to catch up on some stuff," Hermione mumbled.

"What's there to catch up on? You're the brightest witch of our age," Y/N deadpanned.

"Oh, so you admit that I'm smarter than you?" Hermione teased, earning a slight scoff from Y/N.

"I never said that, Granger," Y/N retorted with a playful smile. "What are you even catching up on?" she mumbled, rising from her seat and moving over to Hermione's side, settling down on the bed next to her.

"Just some Charms spells," Hermione replied, flipping through the pages. Y/N inched closer.

"Oh, I hate Charms, honestly," Y/N muttered, reaching for the page before hesitating, her knuckles grazing Hermione's ever so slightly, prompting an unexpected flutter in Hermione's heart.

"Really?" Hermione's voice carried a hint of curiosity, her fingers absently brushing the contact aside, though a subtle blush danced across her cheeks, betraying her emotions.

"Yeah," Y/N responded softly, her gaze locking onto Hermione's, their eyes holding a momentary but profound connection.

"Oh," Hermione murmured, a soft exhalation as her breath caught slightly in her throat. Her hand, seemingly guided by an unseen force, drifted closer, the tips of her fingers brushing against Y/N's skin with an almost delicate touch. In that fleeting instant, the air seemed to hum with a shared sentiment that lingered in the spaces between their intertwined fingers.

Y/N's gaze shifted downward, a gentle flush of color gracing her cheeks as she maintained a facade of nonchalance. With a seemingly casual gesture, she extended her pinky finger, allowing it to intertwine with Hermione's, though her gaze averted, as if to feign indifference—an act that belied the whirlwind of emotions beneath.

Lifting her eyes again to meet Hermione's, Y/N felt an unfamiliar sensation unfurl within her chest. There was an inexplicable transformation in Hermione—almost as if a sprinkling of stardust had adorned her features. 

Her eyes seemed to hold an extra twinkle, akin to radiant stars, and her freckles, once mere specks, now resembled constellations that only Y/N had the privilege to witness. Even Hermione's cascading curls framed her face with an exquisite elegance that defied description.

Yet, the enchanting moment shattered as the door emitted a subtle creak, its intrusion pulling Y/N and Hermione apart with swift precision. Amaryllis' head peeked through the doorway, the sudden appearance causing them to retreat from their shared closeness. Y/N instinctively readjusted her hair, her gaze a mix of bashfulness and fleeting yearning as she turned away from the unexpected interruption.

"Are you two all right?" inquired Amaryllis, entering the room with a touch of concern evident in her voice. Y/N offered a nod, attempting to regain her composure. "You seem... flustered," Amaryllis remarked with a deadpan expression, prompting both girls to shake their heads, a chorus of denial.

"I think I should get going," Hermione's words cut through the charged atmosphere, her abrupt announcement accompanied by her rising from the bed. Y/N cleared her throat subtly, her agreement echoed in a nod.

"Oh, are you sure?" Amaryllis' inquiry held a note of invitation, her gaze shifting between the two. "You're not gonna stay the night?"

Hermione hesitated for a moment, the turmoil of emotions stirred by the earlier shared intimacy and the warmth of the room tugging at her resolve. 

"Uh, thank you, but my parents are quite strict, and I don't know if—" Hermione's words wavered, a blend of the lingering moment and the intensity of Y/N's lingering gaze making her stumble in her explanation. 

"Okay, thank you, bye!" she suddenly exclaimed, the words almost tripping over each other as she hurriedly made her way to the door. 

With an energetic step, Hermione bolted out of the room, leaving a palpable quietude in her wake, save for the soft rustling of curtains and the distant murmur of the night beyond. It was now just Y/N and Amaryllis, the room seeming to hold a residue of the enchantment that had briefly enveloped its occupants

"You know," Amaryllis murmured, her voice holding a conspiratorial tone as she took a subtle step closer to Y/N, who furrowed her eyebrows in curiosity.

"Mom," Y/N's voice held a hint of exasperation, a knowing expression settling on her features as she anticipated what Amaryllis was about to share. Amaryllis, undeterred, settled herself beside Y/N, her fingers intertwining with Y/N's in a gesture of comfort and connection.

"I was intimate with a woman once," Amaryllis's words flowed freely, the admission dropping into the air with a hint of mischief, causing Y/N's face to cringe with a mixture of surprise and embarrassment.

"Mom!" Y/N's exclamation carried a mixture of embarrassment and a touch of laughter, a blend of emotions that resonated in her voice.

"Just saying," Amaryllis mused, her words accompanied by a subtle chuckle that seemed to dance on the edge of shared memories and familial closeness. 

"Mom, Hermione and I are just friends," Y/N insisted, her cheeks flushing with a mix of embarrassment and the need to clarify the situation.

"That's what Arabelle and I used to say too, but then—" Amaryllis paused, her words trailing off as a knowing expression crossed her face.

"You dated Arabelle!? That skank!" Y/N's exclamation held a blend of shock and playful indignation, earning a light, affectionate slap from Amaryllis, accompanied by a soft chuckle.

"Yes, but then..." Amaryllis sighed, her voice carrying a weight of unspoken history and emotion.

"I married your father, and she..." Amaryllis let out a heavy sigh, a sense of resignation woven into her words as they hung in the air. Y/N nodded in understanding, the complexity of relationships and their twists not lost on her.

"I can't believe she'd date both you and Caspian. That's... freaky," Y/N's voice held a musing quality, a hint of amusement mingling with the disbelief in her tone. 

"Well, your father and I do bear a striking resemblance. Maybe she just has a type," Amaryllis mused, her words laced with a touch of amusement, prompting Y/N to roll her eyes playfully.

"Mom, seriously? That's just... yuck," Y/N groaned with mock disgust, adding in playful gagging noises for effect.

"But, on a more serious note, I want you to know that I'm completely supportive of you being a part of the LGTV community," Amaryllis said, her words carrying a sense of sincerity and acceptance. Y/N's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"You mean... LGBT?" Y/N murmured, her tone tinged with uncertainty.

"Yeah, yeah. That's the one. I've known it since the moment I held you," Amaryllis admitted with a teasing smile. "You really are my daughter, after all," she added with a soft hum of contentment.

"Mom! I'm not gay!" Y/N exclaimed, her tone a mixture of exasperation and amusement, a hint of a blush warming her cheeks at the unexpected twist in the conversation. The exchange showcased the interplay of affection, understanding, and a light-hearted familial banter that had become their signature.

"Sure you aren't."

"Mom!"

TO BE CONTINUED...