One

She ran, never looking back at the ninja approaching her. She knew she had made a mistake. She had stuck the wrong person in the eye, and would now be killed for it. Of all people, it had  to have been a sanin.
She had heard of them, the sanin. They were legends in regards of strength, and infamous for their oddities. She had thought highly of them because of this, although the rumors of Orochimaru never ceased, he was a ninja of the Leaf. And her mother had been from Konaha, so she had thought that they couldn't be too cruel. But she had been mistaken.

Now, they chased after the small girl ruthlessly, without analyzing the situation at all. Not one showed any signs of thinking about how slim the chance that a girl of seven being deserving of execution was. Perhaps Obaa-san was kind, but she did leave Konaha in favor of the countryside, didn't she....

The seven year old closed her eyes, praying when she opened them this would all turn out to be a nightmare. When she opened them, she realized something that would soon change her life. She was in hell, and she was surrounded by demons.

<><><>
"Why are we here again?"

Sasori scoffed. "We're investigating, Deidara. Did you get the scroll Leader-sama sent you?"

"I did, but I chose to skip all his crap and get to the important things such as my art of explosion, and the sucess of the mission."

"I don't see how you can expect to successfully complete the mission when you don't have the slightest idea what's going on," Sasori responded crossly. "And anyway, didn't I already tell you? We're scouting. There will be no explosions, eruptions, or fulmations of any sort at any time during this mission, for any reason whatsoever."

"What if we encounter an army?"
"Not likely. And even if we were met with a challenge, such a a squad of jonin, I would be the one to take care of it. It's too close to the hideout to act 'flamboyant.' We'll attract too much attention, and lead them straight to the hideout. And Leader-sama wouldn't be happy if Konaha interrupted the upcoming meeting."

"Hm, well, all this sneaking around isn't very radiant." Deidara flipped his ponytail sasily. "I prefer to keep my assignments flashy like I—"

"Hush"

"Did you just 'hush' me?"

"Shut your face."

"No need to be hurtful Sasori-san.... "

"Look."

From their cover under the trees, they could see a girl of seven years, with hair of fire, and eyes of amber, tightly gripping a hairpin. Blood ran down from its point, through the tight grip her fingers, and finally onto the once white sleeve of her kimono. She shook from head to toe, and her head was bowed, but she remained on her feet in spite of this. Around her, was a unit of ANBU, all fallen before her feet forming a spiral, with her in the center.

"Did that pipsqueak take down those ANBU?" Deidara questioned.

"If she did, she could very well be our enemy. However, we should interrogate her before. Perhaps she's an ANBU herself, which would mean she carries vital information." Sasori's eyes narrowed. "And if she isn't, then she could could be a traitor to Konaha, which means she won't be a problem."

"She is quite flashy!"

"Baka geinin!" Sasori exclaimed before moving from his hiding spot next to Deidara. The blonde, despite being insulted, followed the redhead's lead. Stupid artist indeed....

Sasori approached the girl slowly. She caught him in the corner of her eye, despite his discretion, and when she did, she successfully penetrated his gaurd— with a hug around his legs.