12. I have you now

Start from the beginning

"Tae put it there, didn't he?" she chuckles. "Cute."

She opens the door and heard Taehyung speaking.

"Y/n, is that you?" he asks.

"Yes Tae, where are you?" she asks walking out of the room and closing the door behind her.

"I'm in the kitchen," he says.

Understand she walks toward the kitchen and notices Taehyung cooking.

"Wah, you can cook?" she asks getting impressed.

"I live alone. I can't eat ramyeon forever," he jokes. "Why don't you take your seat?" he says pointing at the empty chairs.

"Well, that's true," she says while taking her seat. "What are you cooking?" she asks resting her face on both of her palms.

"Kimchi stew," he replies not looking at her.

"Wow I love that," she says getting excited.

"Who doesn't?" he jokes.

While he was cooking she thought she could talk to him to spend time since he wouldn't let her help saying, You just got fresh you can't help me in the kitchen.

"Tae?" she calls him.

"Yes?" 

"Do you ever feel lonely or scared?" she asks.

"Scared? What am I? A four-year-old? Of course, not. If I was to get scared then I wouldn't even be living here by myself in the first place," he says.

She nods and was about to speak but he spoke before her.

"Lonely..." he says in a rather low tone.

She gets surprised by the sudden change in his tone. He turns to look at her.

"I used to get lonely. Especially before I met you. It's difficult to know how many times I've come home upset. How many days I've spent locked up in my room with nobody to care for me.

So many days I've skipped meals. So many days I've spent sulking over my loneliness. It was hard," he says showing a soft smile.

"Oh Tae," she stood up and walks towards him. "I'm sorry you had to go through all that by yourself," she says taking his hand.

He smiles but then playfully hits her head.

"Didn't I tell you to not come here? You'll get smelly!" he complains.

"Gosh, you're no fun. Fine, I'll go back to my seat," she rolls her eyes and walks toward the chair.

When she turns around he secretly smiles and goes back to cooking. Y/n on the other hand was sitting there with her arms crossed in disbelief.

"You don't need to be sorry," he suddenly spoke.

"What do you mean?" she asks looking at his back.

"Because I have you now," he whispers smiling.

Getting no reply from him she doesn't say anything more.

Once he was done cooking he serves for them both and places the plates on the table where Y/n was sitting. Taking his seat he looks at Y/n who was drooling over the food.

"So what do you think?" he asks looking at her.

"It looks delicious," she compliments, amazed by his cooking skills.

"Then let's dig in!"

They both started to eat. When he was eating he noticed Y/n. She looked happy. She was enjoying the food as if she has never tasted something so delicious before.