Chapter 4

With the memory last night's events, Charlie walked through the school doors with confidence. "So you almost kissed him?" Allison asked her as she strutted to her locker. Charlie immediately told her what happened last night. It was a lot better than Lydia. The news would've spread all the way around the school in five seconds. "And he asked you the dance?" She asked while Charlie nodded. "Didn't you say no to at least fifty guys just to him to ask?" Allison said, putting all of the pieces together.

"No it could've been sixty." Charlie said after thinking a bit. Allison just giggled and shook her head. "Hey a lot of people asked me!" Charlie defended herself.

"Yeah your right a lot of people did ask you." She said after her laughter died down.

"Come on. We have class with him and I don't want to be late." Charlie said while locking their elbows and walking down the hall.

——

The day went by pretty fast and my time of the day was finally here: lacrosse practice. Charlie was going to find my brother outside until she heard lockers clash. "Where are you getting your juice?" Her brother asked Scott who was shoved into the lockers. Scott looked like he was doing some serious thinking before he answered.

"My mom does all of the grocery shopping."Scott said sounding confused. If Jackson wasn't threatening him right now she would've died laughing.

"What the hell is wrong with you McCall?" Jackson asked getting frustrated. Charlie was going to step in and go to Scott's aid but then Scott decided to speak up.

"You want to know what's wrong with me?" Jackson let go at those words. Charlie decided to not hear the rest. She really didn't feel like having to hear my crush saying he was taking drugs.

"Jackson." she says, making herself known. "Lydia wants you to be on the field." she tell him her friend's message. She can see them whispering intently but couldn't get a word that they say. Charlie started to pick the dirt under her nails until a loud bang made her jump. She finally looked up to see Jackson's hand on the lockers. "Jackson." She said in a warning tone. He finally stepped away from Scott and walked right past Charlie.

Once Jackson was out of sight, Charlie ran straight out to Scott. "Are you okay?" was the first thing that she asked, like Scott couldn't defend himself from Jackson.

Scott lightly chuckled before he answered, like he couldn't believe that his crush was inches from him. "Yeah."

"Did he hurt you?" She rushed.

"No." That answer seemed to calm her down.

"Good. Then he is just trying to threaten you." Charlie came to a conclusion. "Just promise me that you won't let him get inside your head." She said coming a bit closer. Scott, who seemed breathless about this random act said the only thing he could say.

"Y-yeah."

"Good." Charlie said before she finally let some of her emotions out. She stepped up onto her toes and kissed his cheek. While seeing that she knocked the breath out of him she whispered, her lips still on his cheek, "Just make sure you kick his ass out there." and with that she left him dumbfounded behind her.

——

"You seemed really cheerful ever since you came out here." Allison observed. Charlie had a stupid smile still stretched across her face.

"That's because I am." She replied with a huge sigh. Allison studied her face until her eyes became wide with a conclusion.

"Oh. My. God." She said with her eyes still wide.

"What?"

"You're in love!" Allison said it like it was a surprise.

"What! N-no. Wait yes! Maybe?" Charlie finally took a deep breath and finished. "I don't know." They both looked down at Scott and Charlie waved at him. Scott put up his hand, still thinking about what happened a few minutes ago and just put his hand up to seem like a wave. Allison was going to say something to Charlie before she heard Coach Flinstock's voice.

"McCall?" He asked. Scott finally turned around to face the coach. Charlie was going to listen to their conversation until Allison's voice made her lose all focus.

"You're in love." She said with certainty in her voice.

"How am I suppose to know if this is love if I don't know what love feels like?" She asked Allison. All she did was shrug her shoulders.

"I'll tell you if I find it myself." Before Charlie could answer any other questions Allison's attention was turned toward the tryouts. Charlie let out a long breathe before doing so herself.

Scott was the next one up and he looked ready for anything. Everyone watches intently as he made his way around or even over players. And over just like doing freaking flips over other players. "At least your crush knows how to do freaking flips." Allison mumble next to Charlie.

"MCCALL! GET OVER HERE!" Everyone hears Coach Flinstock yelled from the sidelines. Everyone intensely watches as Scott jogs over. "What the hell was that? What are you trying out for t-the gymnastic's team?"

"I was just trying to make the shot." Scott defends himself.

"Yeah you made the shot." Coach said in a surprised manner. "And guess what. You made first line." Once those lines come out of the man's mouth everyone shot up from their seats, but not as fast as Charlie. With all of the screaming she did I think it was alright to call her crazy. Butterflies erupted in her stomach when Scott turned his head to have a goofy smile on his face when her saw her. That action didn't pass unnoticed with the caption though. He was shooting daggers at the new star athlete and if looks could kill, Scott would've been dead before he could see anything coming.

Jackson had a feeling that he had to end whatever Scott and his sister have with each other, no matter how that happens. The scary thing is Scott wouldn't be able to see it coming.

——

A/N: Oh no...Jackson is getting jellllyyyyyy. Let us hope Jackson doesn't do anything special *wink wink*. I am tired so I am just updating this tonight. Good night my Betas.