Caden looks at me and starts explaining: "After every game we win, we celebrate a bit. Would you like to come?"

I look at him probably blinking too much, since he chuckles. It takes me a while to recover and answer: "Yeah, sure." However, I then notice Soph and Dia with the corner of my eye, who were hanging out in a corner. Darrel is behind them, holding our drinks and snacks. He doesn't look excited. Truth is, he never looks excited.

"I'm sorry, I can't." I tell Caden, and I can see how his smile fades away. So I explain why: "I can't leave my friends behind."

"They can come too", Caden quickly says.

"Really?" I ask, a bit too excited. His smile pops out again.

"Sure. If that's what you want."

"Yes", I mouth before calling out my friends' names: "Soph! Dia!"

"Yes, babe?" Soph quickly answers, coming closer together with Dia.

"Would you like to go to a party?" I ask. I can see Soph being sad for a millisecond, yet she quickly hides it. She was never allowed to go to a frat party before, and after the whole Karl thing, she is absolutely forbidden to do that.

"Is it a frat party?" she asks, which caught Darrel's attention. Who comes closer. And makes Caden flinch once. The two haven't officially met each other yet.

I give Caden a look begging for help. I want Soph to come with us. Caden seems to understand, since he says: "No, not a frat party. We're just going to a bar."

Soph's face lightens, since she's been to bars with us before. She doesn't drink alcohol in public, but doesn't mind hanging out with us there.

My bestie turns to her bodyguard, who seems to think about it. After a few seconds, he nods once. Soph lets out a cheer. I let go of Caden for a bit and go hug her. Then, I turn to Dia and ask: "Are you in too?"

Dia nods and I can't help my happiness. I hug them both hard and hold them tight. Caden smiles at us, probably happy I'm happy.

"I'm coming too", Darrel's voice tones from behind. Although I somehow already knew this would happen, I can't hide a small flinch.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Caden asks, making it clear they haven't met so far.

"I'm the bodyguard of Her Royal Highness." Darrel answers and Soph nods. Caden hardly hides his shock.

"Great. I'm Caden. Caden West."

"Darrel."

"No surname?"

"That's confidential."

"So how should I call you? Mr. Darrel?"

"Just Darrel."

"Just Darrel?"

"Just Darrel."

Soph can't hide a chuckle and I also barely stop myself from laughing. Caden looks at me and smirks. He then turns back to Darrel, who was staring at him annoyed.

"Okay then, Just Darrel. You can come with us."

Darrel flinches annoyed again, but doesn't say anything else. Caden takes my hands and leads us outside the arena and to a car. It's a pickup truck, a dark blue one. I know it from when he came pick me and Nessie up from the bookstore.

Caden takes out his keys and looks at the four of us who are all staring at him.

"This is my car", he explains. "I think we might all fit inside."

Darrel shakes his head and says: "You can ride with Miss Elway. I'm driving Her Royal Highness and Miss McKenna."

I share a worried look with my two friends, asking them if it would be okay for them. They nod and after Darrel opens them the door and helps them inside, they disappear in the backseat.

"I'm going to need the address, Mr. West", Darrel says. It takes Caden a while to realize it was him with whom Darrel had spoken. He probably isn't used to be called like that. After a while, Caden takes out his phone and the two exchange phone numbers, in order for him to share location. As soon as he got it, Darrel disappears in the car and speeds away from us, leaving behind a loud sound that his black SUV made.

Caden remains frozen on spot looking stunned.

"What just happened?" he asks me after a while. I can't hold back a chuckle.

"That's Darrel for you", I say.

"You seem to speak from experience", he replies laughing. I smirk.

"Let's just say he's not my biggest fan."

"I wonder why..."

"It might have something to do with the fact Soph and I sneaked out to Paris with her private jet, without letting him or anyone else rather than our besties know."

He looks at me surprised, then his face expression changes to a smirk: "I didn't know you were such a bad girl."

"Yeah, well, I don't actually go around and let people know that", I reply teasing. He smiles, an honest smile that gives me butterflies.

"I bet", he replies and comes next to me to open the door.

"After you, Broadway", he says and helps me up. I chuckle.

"Look at you being a gentleman."

"Yeah, well, it's not like I go around and let people know that", he uses my words against me.

"You little..." I want to say laughing, but he stops me with a kiss.

"Guess we're the only ones who know." He whispers, and I pull him closer, letting him kiss me again.

"I guess so", I whisper, my voice shaking from how hungry he's kissing my neck right now.

And oh, does it feel good to be the only one who knows.