Chapter four - Eva

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, little lamb." I take the jacket and drape it over my shoulders then step out of the car. But not before seeing his whole face lighting up with another dimpled smile.

When we get inside, Maria is already waiting for us in the foyer. "Welcome home, Mrs. Alekseeva."

Mrs. Alekseeva. Feels weird. And it is actually Alekseeva-Ricci. But I don't correct her.

"Thank you, Maria." I gesture to Sebastian, who is shaking the water from his hair. And looks exactly like an adorable little lamb, right now. "This is Sebastian. Sebastian, this is Maria, the housekeeper."

"Hey!" He smiles warmly and extends his hand to Maria, who - surprise surprise - is blushing. "It is very nice to meet you. I would hug you but I'm all wet from the rain."

The elderly woman giggles. Actual giggles. I have never even seen her smile this big and I've known her for twenty years. And why the hell would he hug random woman he meets?

"That is okay, Mr. Sebastian. And your clothes are all set up for you upstairs. Please, feel free to ask for anything you want."

"Oh, thank you so much. You didn't have to do that, though." He says with a small embarrassed smile.

"Oh, nonsense!" She waves him away with an even bigger smile and now, I'm officially annoyed. It's like they forgot I'm even here.

"Come on. I'll show you to your room." I snap and he just frowns at me with a small head tilt while Maria scurries away with a mumbled excuse.

I don't wait for him and take the stairs to his room, but I feel him behind me.

"You live here alone?" He asks when we pass three empty bedrooms.

"Not anymore." I state dryly.

We stop in front of his bedroom which is right next to mine. I had originally planned to give him a bedroom on the third floor and make sure he stays out of my way so I won't be tempted to kill him when he annoys me, but that all changed when I met him. There is just something about him that draws me in. Makes me want to be close to him all the fucking time.

"Oh, well... I promise to stay out of your way as much as possible." He sounds sincere and I have no doubt that he'd - gladly - follow through.

But I don't want that. I don't like the thought of being deprived of his presence. His warmth. That's not going to happen. He just doesn't know it yet.

"This is your room, right next to mine. Tell Maria to give you a tour of the house tomorrow." I tell him as he looks around his new room. "My office is off-limits, though."

"Sure." He murmurs, still looking around his new room with a disapproving frown on his face. It's fascinating watching his face. You can see every thought and emotion clearly, like reading a book.

"Tell Maria to help you move your stuff around however you like. You can also change your room."

He looks surprised that I picked up on what was on his mind so quickly, but immediately puts on his signature polite smile. "The room is perfect. Thank you."

"Fine. Good night, then." I turn around to retreat to my room when he asks a question that makes me freeze.

"Didyounotlikethekiss?" He blurts it out fast, all in one breath.

I turn around again to stare at him with my brows raised. "What?"

His face is red and his eyes are wide as if he is just as surprised at his question. "N-Nothing!" He squeaks out.

He steps back and I realize I am stalking over to him as he watches me with a deer in the headlight expression.

"Tell me what you said." I demand and his blush deepens. He keeps walking backward until he falls onto the bed. I put my knees on either side of his thighs and sit on his lap.