Chapter four - Eva

___________________
🎶 When I put my lips on you 🎶
I feel the shivers go up and down
Your spine for me
🎶 Make you cry for me 🎶
___________________

I watch the trees passing by in a blur as the rain falls harder. I have always liked dark weathers. There is something so absolutely peaceful about seeing flashes of lightning and hearing the loud thunder crack a moment later. The anticipation of those few seconds is unparalleled.

Focusing on the drops of water pelting down on the window provides me with a small distraction from the man sitting next to me. My husband.

But I can still feel his nervous movements and the small glances he's been stealing every few seconds, thinking I don't sense his gaze on me.

When he clears his throat for the fifth time in two minutes, I turn to him with an annoyed glare to find his eyes on me. "What?" I snap.

Instead of the fear I expected to see in his eyes, they light up with excitement as he turns to me fully in the car seat as if he is expecting us to talk for hours, then asks in an awfully cheery voice with a bright smile. "Where are we going?"

I narrow my eyes more. "My house."

"Our house, you mean." He tilts his head and shoots me another innocent smile that's full of hope, popping out his dimples. I want to lick them.

"No."

He frowns with a confused smile. Doesn't his cheeks hurt from the constant smiles he throws at people? He smiled all through the short reception and made small talk with every single person in the room. Even with my family, who are not easy people at all. But he was surprisingly charming and smart. There were no awkward pauses when he talked to people, unlike me. It always seems to shut people up when I threaten to stab them in the eye if they don't stop saying stupid things.

I expected him to be intimidated by my family and hide from everyone after the ceremony. Especially after the near panic attack when the officiant asked him to kiss the bride - a.k.a me. I don't know what came over me at that moment when he looked around the room with his big lavender eyes full of fear and anxiety. I wanted to take him away, wrap him up in bubble wrap, and make sure nothing ever hurt him ever again. And before I could even comprehend what was happening, I was kissing his soft bite-able lips.

Before he can speak, the car pulls up to the gate of my 4000 square feet house that Iz bought a couple months ago when we came to America. Sebastian watches with his mouth open as the gates open and the car rounds the fountain before stopping in front of the main door.

"Wow!" He whispers, his face pressed against the window like a kid.

I can't help but admire his defined jaw and his neck. He looks so vulnerable when he swallows and his Adam's apple bobs up and down. I want to bite him.

I get snapped out of my daydreams when Ana opens my door.

Just before I can step out, Sebastian puts a hand on my forearm, "Wait!"

He snatches his hand back as if he's been burned and a blush hits his cheeks as he averts his eyes then removes his jacket and holds it out for me. I just stare at him in confusion.

"Um, it's raining a-and you don't have a jacket or an u-umbrella, so..." He shrugs, his blush spreading to his neck, as he keeps looking at everything but me.

My heart skips a beat. It's been doing that a lot lately. I should go check it out.

He looks so cute and unsure sitting there, gnawing on his lips and sneaking glances at me, holding out the jacket for me, that I just can't help but soften my voice when I speak.