Emerald gives a fake smile to them and then rolls her eyes as they turn their back. Back to the match, Mercury unleashes a series of powerful strikes. Pyrrha allows his kick to slam against her forearm before Mercury manages to disarm her, a kick impaling her blade into the ground. Pyrrha uses her semblance to redirect the direction of Mercury's next kick. As she charges him with her shield, he shoots off of it and turns his back to her. Pyrrha tries to rush him again, until...

Mercury: "I forfeit."

Pyrrha almost stumbles as she stops beside him.

Pyrrha: "You... don't even want to try?"

In response, Mercury shrugs it off.

Mercury: "Eh, what's the point? You're a world-renowned fighter. We're obviously leagues apart."

Among the crowd of students, who are chattering and whispering why he would just forfeit like that.

Glynda: "In that case... Pyrrha Nikos is the victor of the match... again."

Y/N speaks up in response.

Y/N: "Oh come on. I don't get pick and it ends with a forfeit."

Emerald smirks, while Mercury sneers smugly as he looks up at Y/N.

Mercury: "If you want to go, tough guy. Then let's go."

He goes on a fighting stance, which Y/N is taken aback a bit.

Y/N: "I thought your aura is on the red?"

Mercury: "Eh? Who cares? You want to fight me, then get down here."

During this, Pyrrha has an annoyed and disappointed look on her face and places her left hand on her hip before heading off to the locker rooms. Glynda, meanwhile, steps in.

Glynda: "I'm afraid not, you two. That's enough sparring for today and next time, you may want to think a little harder before choosing an opponent."

Mercury: "I'll be sure to do that."

As he said this, he walks off, while Y/N turns around to face Emerald, which she notices this.

Y/N: "Hey, Emerald. What was that about?"

Emerald: "Oh. Uhm, he wanted to get to know you through sparring."

Y/N: "Really?"

Emerald: "That's right." ("Until that stupid teacher had to get in the way.")

(After Class)

In the hallway, Sun is trying to break up a feud between Neptune and Coco over appropriate headgear to bring in battle.

Coco: "I'm telling you, wearing a beret is the way to go."

Neptune: "Are you kidding me? Wearing goggles like mine are more practical to use than a beret."

Sun: "Uh, guys... is this even important?"

Neptune & Coco: "Yes!"

Weiss: "What's going on here?"