1.9

a/n: the chapter you've all been waiting for has finally arrived, enjoy :)
-
caitlin and lia travel to gosford to watch the first game of the cup of nations. mary fowler starts due to caitlin's injury and caitlin can't shut up about her fellow australians.

she thinks that lia could get tired of her yapping, but the swiss listens to every description of every player caitlin mentions.

caitlin leaps from her seat every time the matildas score and lia claps loudly alongside her. they're in the friend's and family section, something lia isn't quite used to.

she's used to being up in the stadium's boxes, away from the large crowds and in an air conditioned room watching the game from a safe distance.

but this might be better. sitting beside the players families and feeling the pride that these people feel for the players on the pitch.

it's a magical feeling.

the first half was a bit lack luster, with the matildas not scoring. however, when sam kerr found hayley raso, the energy in the stadium skyrocketed. the crowd continued to chant the wingers name as she celebrated and caitlin along with them.

by the time hayley scores her second, caitlin's voice is hoarse from screaming the word ribbons out loud.

"brace for ribbons!" caitlin turns to lia who's got an amused grin on her face.

"ribbons?"

"yeah! look up there." caitlin points up to the large screen. raso is wearing a gold ribbon on her hair being congratulated by her teammates. "she always wears a ribbon for gamedays, the nickname kind of stuck through the years."

lia can't stop staring.

not the screen; she can't stop staring at caitlin.

the way her face glows when she talks about something she loves. caitlin loves this team, and she's definitely got a look on her face that screams she wants to be out there with them right now.

lia's somewhat proud of herself for being able to notice the little changes in caitlin's demeanor.

"they're like a second family to me. i grew up with so many of these girls, i can't imagine life without them." caitlin says turning back to the game.

"i get the feeling." lia sits back down in her seat, forcefully removing her eyes from caitlin and back to the game.

"really?"

lia nods. "i mean, i didn't have a sports team, but my little sister and baby cousin, they're like my own little team."

"your cousin? you've never mentioned them. how young are they?" caitlin asks confused.

"martin, he's not much younger than me. but him and meret? i'd do anything for them." lia casts her eyes down. "anything." she swallows thickly.

"yeah, i'd do the same for these girls. i'll introduce you to them after the game, is that alright?" caitlin asks.

"i'd love to."

the rest of the game, caitlin continues to commentate much to the dismay of their neighbors. lia still laughs every time though, she ignores the annoyed looks of those around them.

sam kerr gets on the scoresheet in the 70th minute, caitlin tells her that it was inevitable.

"she's really great when she's on your team. hate her when she plays for chelsea though." caitlin jokes.

when the captain scores, caitlin goes flying off her seat.

"hey! your foot, watch it cait!" lia immediately calls out.

london nightsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara