1.0

"yeah babe, i'll talk to you later, love you bye!" leah says as the doorbell rings to her apartment. she rushes towards the door to see caitlin holding a takeout bag.

"brought the goods! and some beer if you're up for it." caitlin says revealing a box of beer from behind her back.

the two teammates sit next to each other on the barstools and take everything out of the bag.

"so... anything interesting going on with your love life?" leah asks slowly.

"not really, but we both know that you didn't ask me to come here to make small talk," caitlin replies blatantly lying.

leah inhales deeply before spluttering out her next words, "iwanttoproposetojordan."

"yeah, sorry mate you're gonna have to say that a bit slower, didn't catch it," caitlin says chuckling.

"i want to propose to jordan, but it's all so complicated because of the world cup and everything, i know she wants to focus on her playing career still."

"i think that if you feel the time is right, you shouldn't wait, there's not enough time in the world to spend it with the ones you love." caitlin mutters thoughtfully. leah looks over before opening the cans of beer, one for her and one for caitlin.

"when did you become a love expert?" she replies raising an eyebrow.

"just something my sister keeps telling me about." they knock the cans together and take a sip. "you know what's funny?" caitlin says laughing gleefully.

leah narrows her eyes at caitlin's amused figure. "no... what secrets are you hiding foord?"

"i lied earlier. well, i just omitted the truth from you. that night you all went bar hopping, you told us that you were going to marry jordan." leah groans audibly. "wait! i haven't even said the best part, you had your arms all over my friend, then said and i quote, jordan's so pretty, i love her, i'm going to marry her one day!" caitlin finishes, unable to contain her laughter, she bursts out laughing and patting leah on the back jokingly.

"i... cannot believe i said that. i refuse to believe that," she replies shaking her head.

"who knew! leah williamson can be affectionate in public!" caitlin says, still laughing uncontrollably.

"i was drunk! glad you didn't get that on video though. never hear the end of it from katie." leah says conceding.

"ya know, i'm glad it was all true though. hold on, have you bought a ring yet!?"

"yeah, erm. let me go get it." leah says with an apologetic smile which caitlin doesn't quite understand. leah runs down the hall and through a door. caitlin hears a lot of rustling before something crashes onto the floor.

"ah shit!" leah screams.

"is everything all right?" caitlin confusedly responds.

"yeah! i've almost got it." she replies. after a couple more paces of silence, leah comes out panting holding a velvet box. when she sits back down next to caitlin, she unveils what's beneath the cover, a beautiful yet simple diamond.

"looks stunning, jordan will love it." caitlin says in awe.

"yeah? well i need a huge favor from you, jordan and blu love running around the house for no reason at all. you heard how long it took me to get this little gem out of its hiding place, i need you to keep this. keep it safe for me cait." leah says offering the box to caitlin. caitlin looks back up to leah in shock.

"me? are you sure?"

"yeah, no one else i'd trust it'd be safer with." leah says placing the box into caitlin's palm. she'd almost certain that she's seen tears in caitlin's eyes but she engulfs leah into a hug the moment the box was safely into the australian international's grasp. the two embrace for a moment before caitlin let's go abruptly.