Chapter 4

BANG BANG
BANG BANG
BANG BANG

My head shoots up and my eyes spring open, what the hell. Where am I. My eyes adjust to my surroundings and I notice that I'm still in my office, oh shit, I must've fallen asleep.

There are two piles of paper sitting on my desk, and a few stray pieces scattered in random places, I roll my eyes and drop my head back onto the desk, ouch.

BANG BANG, I lift my head back up and move a few strands of hair out of my face, "alright alright, I'm coming!" I shout. I roll out of the chair and shuffle towards the door, as soon as my hand twists the nob, the door flies open and is literally two centimetres away from smacking me in the face.

Lorenzo stands in my doorway, jaw clenched and a deep set frown on his face, "fucking hell I thought you were dead," he snapped, I stick my bottom lip out and tilt my head, "aw where you worried about me?" I ask sarcastically.

He grimaces at me before replying to my sarcastic comment, "no, I'm just not in the mood to take shit from your dad today," he states as if it's the most obvious thing in the world, I roll my eyes, he's a dick and has no sense of humour.

"Well here I am," I retort, he ignores my comment and looks over at my messy desk, "I finished all the papers," I say, he nods then retreats out of the room, I slump down in my desk chair and let out a huff. I need a drink, or a few.

- - - - - -

Just 20 minutes after the conversation with Lorenzo, Jackson knocked on my office door to come and take me home, I didn't even hesitate to get out of that building.

As me and Jackson walk out of the revolving doors, my thought from earlier pops back into my head. "I want a drink," I say, looking up at him, he nods, "we can get a vanilla latte at the next cafe," he says.

I shake my head in disagreement, "no Jackson, I need a real drink," I put emphasis on the 'real' part. Jackson shakes his head and chuckles, "long day," he questions, "you have no idea."

- - - - - -

The red neon sign flashes above the worn down door way, I stare at it, then at Jackson, "this one," I say. He gives me a smirk then pulls me towards the door, "good choice."

We step inside the bar and are met with loud music and drunk people, Jackson stands behind me, holding my shoulders to push my through the crowd, and towards the front bar.

I pull myself up on a red, spiny barstool as we wait for someone to serve us, just a few seconds later, a beautiful man comes towards us with a large, dimpled smile spread across his face.

His tattooed hand comes up to his head to push his messy, mousy brown hair back, it doesn't work very well as a few strands fall to the front. His soft brown eyes stare into mine with a kind, welcoming look in them.

My eyes look down at the red name tag pinned to his shirt, 'Noah', it suits him.

"What can I get for you guys?" He asks, looking between me and Jackson, "I'll have an espresso martini please," his big, adorable smile makes me smile.

"Whiskey please, neat," Jackson replies to the overly happy man. "On it," he says before disappearing around the side of the bar.