Chapter 2

I knock on the door to the menacing room at the end of the hallway, the knock echoes through the empty hall sending chills down my spine, I don't see my father much as he is always working or out on business meetings, but when I do see him we don't really talk much.

I miss the relationship that I used to have with him, but his job consumes him now.

"Come in," his sharp, husky voice sounds through the door, I take a deep breath and open it, walking inside, of course with Jackson not far behind me.

My father stands behind his desk, staring out through the windowed wall at the city, I stand there awkwardly with my hands wrapped together in front of me.

My fathers tall, thin frame turns around, he has a small smile on his lips as if he's happy to see me. His slicked back, dark brown hair sits neatly on top of his head, and his green eyes that used to be filled with life, now look lost and tired. A feeling of sadness washes over me but I push it aside.

Don't get me wrong I loved my father, we just didn't get on as well as we did, before everything happened.

He gestures his hand towards the two seats in front of his desk, me and Jackson both sit down. My father takes a seat at the one behind his desk.

"How have you been princess?" He asks me, I nod and force a smile on my face, "I've been okay," he smiles again and lets out a deep breath, one that seems as if he had been holding for a while

The tension in the room is thick and suffocating, so I speak up to try and ease it, "so, what do you want to talk to me about?" His eyes meet mine. He hesitates slightly but then speaks. "I want you to become part of the company," I grit my teeth together and let out a very unamused laugh.

"You just don't give up do you," me and my father  have had this conversation so many times I have lost track, he knew my reasons, and he didn't accept them. I can feel the anger boiling in my chest. I look over at Jackson who had a guilty look on his face.

"You knew about this didn't you," I accuse, his eyes can't meet mine which makes me know I'm right. "Please Aliyna, just give it a chance, this will be good for you, and for the business, it will open up so many opportunities for your future."

My dad had given the same offer to my brother Dante, who had refused, so I'm guessing he saw me as his last option. "Dante said no, and you didn't try and force him into it, why are you trying to force me?" I question.

"I'm just trying to help you," he begins to get visibly angry, but I'm angrier. "Help me! You can't be serious, you know how much misery your stupid business has brought into my life," I scoff, his eyes drop a bit and he looks slightly guilty.

"All I'm asking is that you give it a chance, your 19 you need to start thinking about your future," he said, and deep down I know he is right.

"Fine, but don't think I'm going to make this easy for you, because I'm not," he nods in agreement knowing that I mean it. I stand up from the chair and walk out of the room without another word.

- - - - - -

"Is he for real, ugh I can't believe that man," I grumble with a mouth full of chips. Jackson sits opposite me on the bench, listening as I rant to him, that's what I love about Jackson, he doesn't talk much but he's very good at listening.