His Birthday

" I want to know what love is "
Starts playing in my mind that fits well for the soundtrack of our moments.

~ᵢ wₐₙₙₐ ₖₙₒw wₕₐₜ ₗₒᵥₑ ᵢₛ

ᵢ wₐₙₜ yₒᵤ ₜₒ ₛₕₒw ₘₑ~

As we finally reached Chanyeol's place, the cold breeze rushed through my hair. I felt a wave of love and happiness knowing that the one I love was taking me home.

I stood near the gate of his house, watching as he parked his motorbike and walked towards me. As he approached, I studied his face, take a mental note of the way his mouth turned up into a playful smile. When he waved at me, I realized I had been lost in thought, and I shook my head to clear it.

The sun was beginning to set as I followed him inside his house. We pushed open the gate, and JJangu barked sharply, baring his teeth. I shifted to the other side of Chanyeol, keeping my distance from the dog. Chanyeol chuckled, "You don't have to be scared of him. He's actually really friendly once you get to know him," he said, gesturing to the dog.

As we walked towards the door, Chanyeol rummaged for his keys. With a click, the door opened, and we stepped inside.

I couldn't resist the temptation to take out my camera and capture the special moment. Seeing Chanyeol so happy was a rare sight, and I knew I had to document it. I stood in the corner, framing the scene before clicking away. The feeling of being a part of such a happy moment was unforgettable, and Chanyeol's presence was infectious. I captured the moment on camera, and then when he turned to me, I flipped the camera to take a picture of us together.
As I clicked my camera, recording each beautiful moment between us, I felt a wave of emotion wash over me. It was such a relief to finally be able to capture our moments together on film. The camera flashed, and I smiled, knowing that these moments would be forever imprinted in my memory and in the pages of the photo album that we would eventually create together. When Chanyeol turned to me, his warm smile filled my heart with happiness. I took a deep breath, knowing that I had finally found my true love, and our love story was just beginning.

Kai set the cake on the table and motioned for Chanyeol to blow out the candles. Everyone sang "happy birthday" as he cut the cake. His smile reached his eyes, and I couldn't help thinking how special the gathering was. It made me wonder how Chanyeol usually celebrated his birthdays.

Kai handed me a piece of cake, which I eyed skeptically. I hesitated for a moment before taking a bite, and the second the cake touched my palate, I knew I'd made the right decision. The rich, dark chocolate cake was so moist and creamy that it practically melted in my mouth. I nodded, unable to speak as I savored each bite.

"Isn't it delicious?" Kai asked with a wide grin. I nodded again, unable to stop devouring the delicious cake. It was the best cake I'd ever had, and I couldn't imagine anything coming close to its perfection.

"Well, Isabella helped me make it, so it better be," Kai winked at Isabella, who grinned in response. "You love taking baking lessons from me," she said, before the two headed to the dance floor. I watched them groove to the Spanish music, lost in their own world. They were such a cute couple, and it made me realize how lucky I was to have such a wonderful group of friends.

Baekhyun and Chen were doing a couple's dance in the corner, while Baekhyun's energy was bringing the room more alive than ever. It seemed that everyone was having a great time, and the feeling of warmth and love that engulfed the room was so strong that it made me wish the moment would never end.

Chanyeol's pov:

The night was filled with laughter, dancing, and love. My heart felt so full and content as I celebrated my birthday with my closest friends. It had been years since I'd celebrated my birthday with such a big group, and I felt more grateful and happy than ever.

We sat on the couch playing cards, with Willow sitting across from me and Isabelle on her other side, Baekhyun to my left, and Kai sitting on the floor near Bell. We played a couple of rounds, passing the cards around the circle.

Suddenly, baekhyun grabbed hir hand of cards and threw them towards kai. He laughed, "That's not what I was expecting," as the card fluttered down towards him. "What did you expect?" Kai asked back, amused. Baekhyun grinned as he picked up his cards, "I thought this was an arranged celebration for my return, but seeing this new girl with Kai is more surprising."

"Well, I'm single, and someone has to be incredibly amazing to change that," Bell replied, winking at baekhyun. "I see you don't know how amazing I am," Kai replied to bell.

"Shut up, this is something a dumb person might say" Bell brushes his hairs.

I feel a bit jealous of them, I looked up at my phone screen, people wishing me birthdays and the notifications were full but I keep waiting for it to be her's, my mind wents back to the moment when I last celebrated my birthday with Emily, we went to her favourite restaurant where she gifted me watch that am still wearing on my wrist, why everything reminds me of her..

Suddenly, the music changed to a faster beat, and bell hopped up to the floor, pulling willow up and leading her to the dance floor. Kai joined bell and turns her to face him They moved as one, their bodies synched to the beat. I watched them for a moment, feeling a pang of jealousy but also a sense of happiness that they had each other.

As the night wore on, we played more games, laughed more, and danced until we were all sweaty and breathless. It had been the perfect birthday celebration, and I couldn't have asked for anything more.

I kept my phone on the table and walks to the kitchen for grabbing more drinks, when I came back I glaced at baekhyun who is on the couch sleeping and all others are on the floor.. the rain starts pouring and I sat on the kitchen table, a notification pops up and my heart sank as I saw the name..

'My love' it's her.