one

The art is mine! 🔝
Do not repost, re-use
Or claim as your own!
Thank you!
~ • ♡ • ~

The art is mine! 🔝Do not repost, re-useOr claim as your own!Thank you!~ • ♡ • ~

~ • ♡ • ~
Unforeseen ceremony
~ • ♡ • ~

The sun hung high in the sky, radiating through the wisteria trees, shimmering on the pond and warming up the atmosphere.

"I wonder if the sky is blue today?", rang a sweet and musical voice through the heavens. It soothed any person who caught ear of it.

Soft and cautious steps sounded on the gravel walkway. Hikaru held out his hands in front of him in any case he stumbled upon a unnecessary object. (Even though he memorized the place by now.)

A mischievous smile spread across his lips. He chuckled to himself. Although he is able to take care of himself quite well, he'd still get a scolding from his guardian if he is caught walking without help.

Hikaru sighed in satisfactory at the warmth of the sun rays upon his skin, soaking into his haori. Even though this style of clothing was old-fashioned, he liked to stick with tradition. This specific haori was after all passed down from his ancestors. He felt comforted with it on.

The twittering of birds reached his ears. The melody quickly made his grin widen. "My, what a beautiful song you've created."

The small sparrows fluttered down a few branches to come closer to the kind teen. Hikaru lightly laughed as the singing grew closer. He slowly stretched out a finger to see if he earned the trust of the small bird with his gentle comment.

The sparrows cautiously stared at the finger, not daring to leave the safety of the tree. Only one youngling spread his wings and flew down, perching himself on top of the slender finger.

Hikaru's expression softened at the feeling of little, cold talons gripping onto his skin. He hummed a soft, reassuring tune as he brought his other hand to lightly stroke the bird. It happily chirped along with the melody, hopping a bit in excitement.

Hikaru only laughed as he heard the others joining in on the song.

His smile, however, dropped as it became silent and the youngling on his finger gave flight. He hummed in question. His eye brows furrowing.

The clicking of hooves behind him made him quickly turn around. The clicking came closer, until it stood right in front of him. The soft sound of a neigh reached his sensitive ears.

Hikaru stretched his hand out until it came in contact with a soft texture. Brushing his hands across the horse's mane, he softly spoke, "And what are you doing here?"