|| 17. You're Forgiven (UN-EDITED)

Start from the beginning

Meanwhile, Y/N stood beside her, slender fingers wrapped around a slurpee, the vibrant colors of the frozen drink a stark contrast against the muted surroundings.

The bell above the entrance tinkled, a gentle chime that signaled the arrival of new customers. Y/N's curiosity prompted her to peek her head out, her gaze locking onto a group that entered the store. As the trio of familiar faces came into view, Y/N's expression shifted – her countenance fell slightly, mirroring a sentiment that had remained unresolved.

Among the trio, Aurora's eyes met Y/N's for a brief moment, a fleeting connection that spoke volumes despite the lack of words exchanged. Their shared history seemed to hang in the air, an unspoken narrative that neither was ready to confront.

Hermione's voice broke through the silence that had momentarily settled between them, her question carrying a touch of curiosity that caught Y/N off guard.

"Do you like her?" Hermione's words were direct, prompting Y/N to pause and consider the implications. The question echoed in the space between them, an inquiry that peeled away the layers of Y/N's thoughts and emotions.

"And why would you think that?" she countered, her voice tinged with amusement and a hint of intrigue. Y/N's lips curved into a chuckle, her head shaking gently as she raised an eyebrow, crossing her arms in a gesture of nonchalance.

 "The way you look at her," Hermione stated matter-of-factly, the words carrying a truth that had likely remained unnoticed by Y/N herself. Hermione's response was equally straightforward, delivered with an air of certainty that spoke of her keen observation skills.

 "No, I don't. I don't fancy anyone," she declared with a definitive certainty, her words a firm proclamation that seemed to close the door on the topic. A dismissive scoff escaped Y/N's lips, her denial swift and assertive.

 "Hm," Hermione hummed softly, a subtle smile tugging at the corners of her lips. Hermione's eyebrow arched inquisitively, her gaze fixed on Y/N as if she was trying to peer into the depths of her thoughts.

The admission that nobody had captured Y/N's romantic interest – at least not yet – seemed to elicit an unexpected sense of contentment in Hermione.

As the air held the promise of Halloween festivities, Y/N and Hermione found themselves engaged in a casual exchange. Hermione's voice broke through the lighthearted atmosphere, her question light and conversational, carrying the curiosity that often accompanied the anticipation of the holiday.

"What do you plan to be on Halloween?" Hermione's inquiry was met with a nonchalant shrug from Y/N, her response carrying an air of indifference.

"I'm not. Just me. Costumes are lame," Y/N's words were accompanied by a subtle dismissal of the elaborate festivities that often accompanied the holiday. Hermione's reaction was immediate, her eyes rolling in playful exasperation.

"You're so boring," Hermione's voice was tinged with a playful tease, her words reflecting the good-natured banter that often characterized their interactions.

"That's ironic coming from you, Granger," Y/N retorted, her raised eyebrow and accompanying chuckle hinting at the playful rivalry that had come to define their dynamic.

Hermione's response was a dismissive wave, accompanied by a soft sigh that carried a note of resignation. The exchange, though lighthearted, was layered with a deeper understanding that seemed to transcend the surface level of their words.

As Y/N's gaze lingered on Hermione for a fleeting moment, a soft smile graced her lips, her attention momentarily drawn to the slight bags under Hermione's eyes. The illuminated digits of the clock revealed the lateness of the hour – 2:32 AM – a reminder that they were still far from their destination.