|| 10. First Flying Lesson (UN-EDITED)

Start from the beginning

"I'm not in the mood, Crimson." Hermione grumbled under her breath, her focus returning to her task, her mouth moving in tandem with each repetition of the command.

Y/N's taunts, however, persisted, each word spoken with a certain playful cadence. "Wow. You really suck at this," she quipped, her eyebrow quirking upward in a sardonic challenge. Hermione's jaw clenched in response, her frustration palpable.

"Will you please shut up?" Hermione's plea dripped with a mix of annoyance and exasperation, her patience wearing thin.

Undeterred, Y/N's chuckles danced through the air, a testament to her ability to remain unfazed. "Come on, Miss-Little-Know-It-All. Brightest Witch of our age. Surely you can pick up a broom," she teased, her steps bringing her closer to Hermione. 

With a swift, almost daring motion, Y/N's hand wrapped around Hermione's wrist, the other settling on her waist. The hold was firm yet oddly reassuring, the proximity between them undeniable. Y/N's breath fanned against the back of Hermione's neck, an unintentional intimacy that hovered in the air.

"Here," Y/N's voice was a murmur, a gentle guide as she repositioned Hermione's hand, adjusting it to a more suitable angle. "With feeling. Think of it as if it were one of your ants," she teased, her words laced with a teasing playfulness. 

The air around them shifted, charged with an unexpected tension – a blend of annoyance, curiosity, and something else that flickered in Hermione's eyes, a mingling of emotions that defied easy categorization.

Hermione's voice slipped out, marked by a tinge of sheepishness that manifested as a crack in her composure. "Up," she said, her tone carrying a hint of hesitation that seemed to underscore her uncertainty. 

And in that very instant, as if responding to her newfound resolve, the broom surged upward, finding its place within her hand. Y/N's grip on her wrist and waist eased away, a sudden departure that left a lingering imprint on Hermione's awareness.

The broom's ascent was met with a triumphant spark in Y/N's eyes, a subtle smile curling her lips. "See. It wasn't that hard, was it?" Her words were a gentle reassurance, a murmur that hung in the air like a warm breeze.

"I didn't need your help," Hermione grumbled, her response marked by a stubborn assertion of her independence.

Y/N's playful retort was swift and teasing, her voice carrying a light note of amusement. "Sure you didn't," she countered, her eyes rolling in a playful manner that conveyed a shared understanding.

A smirk played upon Hermione's lips as her cheeks flushed a delicate shade of pink. "That made you a little less of a prick. But you're still a prick, you know that, right, Crimson?" Her words dripped with playful sarcasm, her tone laced with an odd mixture of irritation and an underlying bashfulness that belied her outward demeanor.

Y/N's response was delivered with a casual nonchalance, her words carrying a note of camaraderie that seemed to bridge the gap between them. "You're not that bad yourself, Granger," she replied, the words tinged with a faint sense of jest as she turned to make her way back to her original spot.

Unbeknownst to Y/N, the girl she left behind was caught in a whirl of sensations. Hermione's cheeks retained their blush, the echo of Y/N's touch still resonating on her skin. Her spine shivered in response to an inexplicable sensation, a tingling that spiraled from where Y/N's grip had once rested. 

The courtyard around her seemed to shimmer with newfound significance, the exchange they'd just shared forming an unspoken connection that went beyond the surface of words. As Y/N's presence faded from her immediate surroundings, Hermione found herself suspended in a moment of introspection, pondering the unexpected currents that had arisen in the midst of a simple flying lesson.