MythandLegend: It lives again

Prompt: You receive a box from a mysterious stranger who tells you it brings you good luck so long as you don't open it. Your curiosity gets the best of you and you open it, revealing something you least expected.

I headed towards the cafeteria only wanting to eat a little bit before heading to bed.  I ate my food quickly, said goodnight to Flynn and Amiri, and headed upstairs and gave Altha and Lyntho some food.  I laid down for bed and drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

••••••••••••••••••••••••

When I woke up I heard a thump and I was instantly alert with my knife on my bedside table in my hand.  I crept to the door with Altha and Lyntho trailing behind when I jumped and almost decapitated this person.

"Hello!" he said brightly, smiling, unlike someone who would break into someone's room and kill them.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, still not lowering my knife and grabbing one of the nearby hanging Trnas-Flux rifles and trading it for my blue knife.

"I came to give you this from your mother, it gives you good luck as long as you don't open the box," he said, smoothing his clothes that were bright neon green, bright enough to blind someone. "You can have one of your dragons tell you, that I'm telling you the truth."

He held out a hand that Altha sniffed cautiously and nodded after a second.  The man produced a black and blue box from his hand.

"Here you go!" He said, placing it down on the table and disappearing off to who knows where.  I touched the box hesitantly, making sure it wasn't a bomb or anything.

It had black scales going down the side until it met a marble with blue and white gently mixed together.  It wasn't that big either, maybe the size of a small pencil sharpener.

I slid it into my pocket and headed out with Lyntho and Altha trailing behind.  I went down the hall to the very end where Flynn's room was and reminded him of the essay we had to do. Then I headed back down the hall to tell Amiri the same.

We all met up at the library on the bottom level and started to work.  Every few minutes I noticed that Amiri kept looking at me.

"What?" I asked as she did it for the umpteenth time.

"Nothing," she replied, returning back again to her work, slightly blushing.  After I finished the essay we went to class and got a quick breakfast then went to class with Mr. Conzorin where I got a Dragon(A+ for human standards) and it declared it "Phenomenal".

After another pile of homework for Creatures and Demons we had Ms. Hunt and I finally mastered both Air and Earth after about two years of practicing.  The difference between the two is that if you didn't master it, you could do it but it would typically fail you or backfire on you.

Amiri and I went hunting while Flynn was given the entire time to practice Fire since he had already found his dragon.    

"Which one are you trying to get?" I asked as we teleported through the portal in the far corner of the vast room.

"I want to get an Emberspike, but If I picked another one it would probably be a Stormcutter." She replied, drawing her hunting knife.  I followed suit drawing my sword, a gift from my dad, and had Altha and Lyntho alert.  We walked on for a bit and we came upon the Cresent Falls.

They were waterfalls on floating islands and they curved, connecting one to the next and you could actually walk on them.  We were actually on one, just a huge one about triple the size of any other island.

Dragons swooped and flipped between islands making a beautiful, moving picture.  I only had a second to admire it though, because an Emberspike rammed into us, putting me, Altha, and Syntho on the ground very hard where with a swipe of its tail it knocked us out.

Amiri's POV

The Emberspike came, camouflaged so well it was considered invisibility.  It knocked over Austyn and his dragons and knocked them out with its tail.  I quickly summoned earth and sent a concentrated earthquake at the dragon, causing its dog-sized body to be flung up into the air.

It caught itself and flew at me like a bullet.  I barely had time to dodge it before it went by me and I held out my knife to the side giving it a large cut on the side, injuring it, but not fatally so.

It collapsed to the ground in a heap and I quickly directed the Earth to make restraints around it and went over to Austyns collapsed form.  He groaned, his tousled hair getting even more dirt in his hair.  I removed the dirt and he looked even more handsome than before.  Then he woke up, interrupting my thoughts.

I kissed him in my excitement and after realizing what happened I quickly got up and helped him up, where he kissed me back, much to my surprise.

"Come on," He said, "Let's get this dragon back to school."

Austyn's POV

We headed back, with Amiri practically skipping on the way back.  As soon as we were in class I saw that it was already over with only a few kids hanging around.  Flynn was still there too and he gave Amiri his congratulations and we all headed back to our rooms for rest.

I went to the room and after looking at the box on and off for an hour I opened it, completely forgetting that guy's warning.  Inside I saw...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...The Mreltion.  I stared at the cursed object for a second, before having both Altha and Lythno burn it into ashes, but only succeeding in doing a part of it.  I grabbed it and put it in the safe on the side of my wall.  I was careful not to touch it and called Amiri and Flynn from my comn device.

Together it took us about three minutes of constantly using the Elements to fully tear the thing apart.  A month later, the entire thing was burned and I hid every last ash in different places around both worlds and I hoped that it wouldn't come back.