Lowfantasy: Vivanaye

Prompt: Deep within your soul resides an insatiable desire, craving to possess the very essence of a mythical stone revealed in your slumber. Will you dare to seize it and unveil the extraordinary power it holds?

The baby Magma dragon was waiting patiently in a little box made out of hardened lava along with a note and a small package.

"I hope you are okay with this gift, he is one of our best-Xovyar"

I was not expecting this, I thought as I scooped her up and looked at her, and she stared back with her red eyes.

"What should I name you?" I muttered to myself as I put her on my shoulder next to Altha as I opened the package which said, "Be careful with this!  This will give you whatever you wish, kind of like those genie people, but can only be used only for a bit."  I opened it gingerly and saw a bright green stone engraved with symbols.  

I put it on my bedside and decided to use it later when I needed it the most. Making sure I had both dragons I headed out and almost ran into the headmaster, Mr. Flyntsky, who was holding one of his drinks.  It dropped from his hand and I Altha caught it in his mouth.  He straightened up and looked at the Lava dragon.

"Where'd you get that one," He barked, obviously in one of his moods.

"When I went hunting," I replied, not wanting for the conversation to get more complicated.  He nodded in satisfaction and headed down the hallway.

 I gave Altha a pet and headed over to the library where we had to do a three-page essay on the difference between demons and dragons.  I opened the doors and found Amiri and Flynn in one of the back corners upstairs.

I climbed up the stairs quietly and scared them both as I sat in the remaining seat.  They both looked at me, confused.

"What?"

"You have another dragon," they both said in unison, surprise on their faces.

"Oh yeah, I got it from another magma dragon on the island I was at.  Could you help me name her?"  They both nodded and after a couple of minutes of brainstorming, we came up with the name Lyntho for her.  She chirped her approval and then started to play tag with Altha on the table.

"So what happened when you went to that place?" Amiri asked.  I told them the story giving them a quick rundown of what happened and how I got Lyntho.

"That's a lot to take in," Flynn said, "But I do have some good news! I got a dragon!  His name is Grendel."  He pulled out a Lumec about the size of a small rabbit.

"They grow a lot bigger as they age, it should get to about the size of a big dog when it's fully grown."  We both congratulated him and we started working on the homework.

"This sucks," I groaned, only halfway through the essay.

"Yeah, I think I'm just gonna finish it later," Amiri said stretching and grabbing her paper and left.  After finishing page two I left and headed back to my room where I played with the stone, wishing that I wasn't constantly having these crazy things happening to me.  As soon as I said that I felt a similar feeling to what I had with the cursed artifact.  I knew I was screwed again. 

I calmed down and tried to figure out what was happening, the thing probably made your wishes do the opposite thing to what you wanted it to do.  But then why would Xovyar send it to me?  Maybe dragons aren't affected by those things? I sighed, it didn't matter why it happened just that I should be prepared for what happens next.

I went out and knocked on Amiri's door and she opened it almost immediately.

"Looks like I'll be having more "Fun" adventures," I said, "This stone reverses your wish so now I'm just going to keep doing these things until I can wish something else again." 

"Why can't you do it right now?" she asked confused.

"It takes a cooldown from using it, so maybe a couple of weeks if we're lucky."  She nodded and we headed to Flynn's room and explained it to him.

He reacted pretty calmly to the situation and said only one thing, "We should prepare for what's coming."