Fantamsical character: Austyn Merritt

A/N:  To readers:  This is my character for the fantamsical entry.  I will be doing one of the challenges every week and posting them here.  Hope you enjoy it! Please tell me what you think of him! :)

Name: Austyn Merritt

Age: 15

Gender: Male

Ancestry/Ethnicity:  Born on Morteron in 2834, the closest location to Earth 1(a copy of the First Earth), he is American and possesses exponentially more Magic than most.

Physical attributes: He is six feet tall, and has dark black hair and bright green eyes.  He is slightly muscular and keeps a necklace, with a gold chain made by his father who was a blacksmith, and a charm made of multiple crystals in the shape of an otter, found by his mom and forged by his dad.

Education/Carrer:  After graduating from Morteron's top school with straight A's he went to Exercin's School of Magic to help him control his abilities.  His mom convinced him to go after multiple accidents, destroying property, and almost going to Morteron's labor camp.  He is still halfway through his education at Excerion's school.

Personalities: He is very independent and doesn't care what others think of him.  He will confront someone and will say what he has on his mind.  Believes that everyone should be treated equally.

Quirks: He likes to look at people and guess what they are doing, and why they're doing it.

Skills/Interests: He is a skilled fighter in martial arts and is also skilled with a sword. He is interested in sea otters, figuring out things, technology, and how the First Earth Exploded.

Hobbies: His hobbies are martial arts, reading, and recently developed a hobby for magic when he started at the school.

Likes/Dislikes:  He now likes magic but before hated it since his father died from helping Mages on a way to create planets and suspects them of his dad's murder.  He dislikes bullies, corrupt people with a lot of power, and homework.  He likes sea otters, books, and magic.

Strengths/Weaknesses:  His strength is that he is easy to like and mostly easygoing.  He is very stubborn when he believes he is right about something.  His weakness is that he normally goes through obstacles head-on, not worrying about the consequences and what might happen after.

Fears/Aversions:  He is scared that anyone in his family will be killed and that he would be powerless to protect them.  He also fears that he won't be able to find his dad's killer and that he failed his family and himself.

Other Abilities/Special Powers: He possesses 15,000 MC about 1.5x the amount of a regular student at Excerin's School of Magic.  He can also slow down time slightly, a very rare magic with only a couple of Meta's (Someone learning to be a Mage)being able to use it.

Extra: He has an IQ of 170 and is very good at reading people's body language.